How easy to remove and re-attach?

tilt

Reaction score
Country
India
I see that this camera looks like it has to be stuck to the windshield. Since this has a battery rather than a capacitor, I would like to be able to remove the camera while parked in the hot sun and put it back when I get back into the car ready to drive.

Is this possible with this camera or do I have to keep a massive stock of 3M stickers to use and throw every time?

Thank you and cheers

Thank you kindly for the prompt and helpful response.

Also, I apologise for not googling/youtubing before posting the question here. I shall not do that again.

Cheers

The glass mount is separate from the dash cam. So you can easily remove the dash cam without taking off the glass mount

The glass mount is separate from the dash cam. So you can easily remove the dash cam without taking off the glass mount

Thank you. So, if ever I needed to move the whole setup from one car to another car, is it easy to remove the electrostatic sticker without damaging it and re-using the same sticker in another car? Or do I need to buy extra stickers?

Cheers

Thank you. So, if ever I needed to move the whole setup from one car to another car, is it easy to remove the electrostatic sticker without damaging it and re-using the same sticker in another car? Or do I need to buy extra stickers?

Cheers
My experience. Yes there are two clear plastic mounting sheets. The heavy duty sticky pad on the cam mount sticks to this. However, once you have used the clear sheet once then it becomes less willing to adhere to the windscreen. The pad and the sheet are hard to separate. So the second clear sheet is rather useless.
I removed the original sticky pad and used some high strength double-sided tape on the mount. I do not know what is available in your country but here is a conversation about that subject

My experience. Yes there are two clear plastic mounting sheets. The heavy duty sticky pad on the cam mount sticks to this. However, once you have used the clear sheet once then it becomes less willing to adhere to the windscreen. The pad and the sheet are hard to separate. So the second clear sheet is rather useless.
I removed the original sticky pad and used some high strength double-sided tape on the mount. I do not know what is available in your country but here is a conversation about that subject

This helps, thank you. And yes, we do get double-sided tape here.

Cheers

I would expect that. The point is; there is double sided tape and then there is double sided tape. My experience is that a lot of "normal" double sided that will not work very long.

I would expect that. The point is; there is double sided tape and then there is double sided tape. My experience is that a lot of "normal" double sided that will not work very long.

True. Unfortunately I have to live with whatever is available here. C'est la Vie :)

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Dash Cam Pro / MiDrive D02 10