How exactly does the save file button work?

adubbz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Got my first dash cam on the way right now (Blueskysea B1W). This is something that I've been wondering, but can't find the answer to easily.

What exactly happens when you press the save button?

Say you're recording in 3 minute clips and the crash happens at 2:59 and you press the button a few seconds later. which clip does it save? Will I get the crash saved?

Part 2 of same question. Say you want to leave it running for a little bit afterwards to hear people talking or speak to the camera about something, what if by the time you press the button, it's on the next 3 minute clip already?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question! Sorry if this is a forum searchable question. I couldn't find it.

What exactly happens when you press the save button?
The current video clip only!
Say you're recording in 3 minute clips and the crash happens at 2:59 and you press the button a few seconds later. which clip does it save? Will I get the crash saved?
If there is a crash, its G-sensor should be triggered automatically and being locked in the emergency file folder;

Part 2 of same question. Say you want to leave it running for a little bit afterwards to hear people talking or speak to the camera about something, what if by the time you press the button, it's on the next 3 minute clip already?
Next 3-minute-clip if you lock the footage manually

It's important to note that every clip gets saved. If you press the button you lock the file so it doesn't get overwritten in case it needs some space.

Actually there is beta firmware for reference:

New G-SENSOR lock file method:
A: (When vibration is detected) The current recording time is less than 1/3 of the loop recording time, and the current file and the previous file are locked;
B: (When vibration is detected) The current recording time is above the 2/3 of the loop recording time, and the current file and the next file are locked;
C: (when vibration is detected) Other cases, only the current file is locked;

Download it here

Does it follow the same logic if the button is pressed?

It's important to note that every clip gets saved. If you press the button you lock the file so it doesn't get overwritten in case it needs some space.

So would be smart to press the button right away. Then if something else happens of worthy note, then I can press the button again afterwards. Does that make sense?

Is this the "wifi on" or "wifi off" firmware?

Can you also reduce the sensitivity of the g-sensor? Currently, even in the "low" mode it is very sensitive and activates the emergency record after driving over bumps or after closing the door harder.

Is this the "wifi on" or "wifi off" firmware?
WiFi default on!
Can you also reduce the sensitivity of the g-sensor? Currently, even in the "low" mode it is very sensitive and activates the emergency record after driving over bumps or after closing the door harder.
Thanks for your report! Will have a check after our holidays!

New G-SENSOR lock file method:
A: (When vibration is detected) The current recording time is less than 1/3 of the loop recording time, and the current file and the previous file are locked;
B: (When vibration is detected) The current recording time is above the 2/3 of the loop recording time, and the current file and the next file are locked;
C: (when vibration is detected) Other cases, only the current file is locked;

Download it here

Does this version also support autoparking mode ?

Unlucky, no!

Back