How extract image (dump) of Novatek 96660 action camera?

Dragonfly777

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hi friends! Do you know How extract image of Novatek 96660 action camera? I want to save original Dump of my Action Cam but do not know how make a dump file

You'll need to get an USB SPI flash programming device.

You'll need to get an USB SPI flash programming device.
I'm not 100% sure but afaik theres also a command in the novatek shell to dump memory?

I'm not 100% sure but afaik theres also a command in the novatek shell to dump memory?
Yes, there are some shell commands mentioned in Novatek FWs. Have you tried executing any of them?

Yes, there are some shell commands mentioned in Novatek FWs. Have you tried executing any of them?
Yes, in my early Novatek days I once dumped the ram into a textfile with readmem command which results in the following dump file:
1515246244973.png

This dump of course is not the plain firmware biniary but the plain representation of the memory including stack, etc. Not sure how useful this is.
Also there is a command which creates a dumpcode.bin file which looks almost like a firmware binary but I can't remember if it can be flashed. I've attached it if you want to have a look at it (attached dumpcode.bin is from an early street guardian firmware)

Attachments

• DUMPCODE.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Ok! What is the way to pull out a memory dump into a textfile? and how to pack it into a bin file to try to flash my own gadget?

You need to disassemble the camera and attach an uart serial converter to it to gain access to the debug console.

I've found that older fw just in case someone wants to compare it with dumpcode.bin posted above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Panzer Platform Action Camera Discussion 31
Back