How good is the ProofCam RAC 05?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i haven't seen any reviews on here of this cam.

How good is it? Has anyone used it? Does it perform well at night?

Not a camera that seem to have featured in here, it seem to be build on the OV4689 sensor and that's not bad for low light performance though its not the top performer either.
Its suction cup mount do mean you might not be able to mount it as high as you would like to as it might not be able to hold a grip on the dotted area on top of the windscreen, so with my knowledge of UK law regarding stuff on windscreen it might be hard to put in a non offending place.
Though that in the UK also dont seem to bother anybody aside maybe for MOT, that that's easy to deal with using a suction cup mount, just remove it for MOT.

Its suction cup mount do mean you might not be able to mount it as high as you would like to as it might not be able to hold a grip on the dotted area on top of the windscreen, so with my knowledge of UK law regarding stuff on windscreen it might be hard to put in a non offending place.
It actually doesn't look that bad in the pictures. I've seen longer suction cup mounts than that.

Back