How I can improve my dashcam view?

70miA810

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone!
I want to make my dashcam view better. As we can see, there is a black mesh from the windshield on the top, and if I rotate the camera down, it captures even more of the hood. Any suggestions to make it a better view? thanks!dashcam 2024-01-25 161442.png

Welcome to the forum 70maiA810

Your problem i have often encountered myself, being in too much of a hurry installing the system.
So while i do install a system with it on so i can see alignment, then the lens angle during install might not be the same as when installed, yours are already aimed quite a bit down, as the general recommendations is to aim so you have a 50/50 split at the horizon.
maybe if it is possible change to a wide 16/9 format CUZ somehow the image look a bit funny to me

My own A800S is also offset quite a bit actually a little outside wiper reach, but had to do that due to many systems on windscreen

PS: The reason i have no hood in frame, well my car barely have a hood, it taper off right from the windscreen

Last edited:
But otherwise all you can do is mount the camera a little lower and then have the lens pointing more up.

Some times you do have a lot of dashboard in the frame, but generally i get by with just the first 2-3 inches of it in my car.

Is the resolution you use the regular 4K one ? some times the systems give options for other resolutions, among those also the native 4:3 format if the sensor.

A few things you could try - mount the camera a bit lower so you can angle it up more. You might still get a bit of dash but less hood. Another option is changing the camera lens angle if possible. Play around with settings too - a wider field of view might help. Don't worry too much as long as you can see the road clearly!

It would be improved a lot if the lens was closer to the glass, then it would not see the black mesh area.

Which dashcam is it? The lens appears too far from the glass for most 70mai dashcams...

The dash-cam seems mounted LITERALLY on the dash-board. If so, try mounting it on the windshield.

I think it is a A810 judging from his NIC

I am glad to see i am not the only one that think there is something fishy with the frame / look.
I an like :unsure: is that camera mounted on the mirror, CUZ if his mirror is like mine and roof mounted and far back from the windscreen, something like this is what i would expect to get using a mirror style dashcam

Back