How I fixed DR400G-HD II restart problem

jazzyone

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a DR400G-HD Season 2 that had a constant restart problem. I was using a SanDisk 32 GB Ultra card and noticed that when the memory card was about half full, the Blackvue would constantly restart without recording further. I would then reformat the card and at about 16 GB of recording, the Blackvue would constantly restart again.

I went into the "Record Storage Setting" and changed from "Type" to "Time". Problem solved!

I originally changed the setting from Time (default) to Type. I have 3 other Blackvues, all different models, and never had the resetting problems after I changed the Record Storage Setting from the default to Type. It's been 6 months since I changed the setting back to default (Time) on the DR400G-HD2 and I haven't had the restart problem.

Hope this helps.......

jazzyone said:
I have a DR400G-HD Season 2 that had a constant restart problem. I was using a SanDisk 32 GB Ultra card and noticed that when the memory card was about half full, the Blackvue would constantly restart without recording further. I would then reformat the card and at about 16 GB of recording, the Blackvue would constantly restart again.

I went into the "Record Storage Setting" and changed from "Type" to "Time". Problem solved!

I originally changed the setting from Time (default) to Type. I have 3 other Blackvues, all different models, and never had the resetting problems after I changed the Record Storage Setting from the default to Type. It's been 6 months since I changed the setting back to default (Time) on the DR400G-HD2 and I haven't had the restart problem.

Hope this helps.......

Have always used that setting as found that it deleted the files much sooner on the Type setting than It did on Time However it did make a difference on which % setting in the Type menu you used. MY 32G card fills right up before deleting anything.

It could also make a difference if you formatted using a PC formatter or the SD Formatter

I think using the SD Formatter is important. It formats the card the same no matter what Platform you have for Formatting sd cards. Mac / PC formatted cards are identical if formatted via SD Formatter. It's one less thing for Pittasoft to have to eliminate when debugging problems.

Great tip!

With the said SDFormatter, be sure to choose the Full Overwrite Format option, may take quite a while but it clears out the card completely.
Choosing Quick Format won't hurt but a Full Overwrite from time to time may help eliminate some card related issues.

I'm pretty sure I used both pc format and SD Formatter and still had the problem until I changed the Record Storage Setting. YMMV...

Back