how I'm getting on with the A119

CharlieGirl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently bought the A119 and finding it pretty good.

Seems to me that parking mode and motion detection mode result in a similar number of files, though I haven't been that scientific about it.

Both rain and wind blowing things around brings the camera out of standby mode, as you might expect.

My unverified impression is that parking mode sometimes (all the time?) delays a few seconds coming out of standby mode and recording. Whereas motion detection mode seems to start recording quicker when it spots something. I probably won't look into motion detection mode much more simply because it'd be a pain to have to turn it on manually whereas the parking mode sets itself automatically.

Pretty pleased with the picture quality for the price. I'd probably be willing to pay a little more to get a better picture if a better model came out though, especially night time mode which is perhaps a bit lacking.

In terms of how much energy the camera uses in parking mode my 1300mAh power bank lost about 23% of it's charge in a little over 12 hours in parking mode, which I thought was pretty good. It suggests the camera could run for approximately 48 hours under the same motion/shock conditions. Similarly the power bank lost about 12% of its charge in 6 hours in motion detection mode. ~270mAh by my calculation. I haven't yet checked carefully how much energy the camera uses in driving mode but I'll probably do so at some point.

I need to buy a polarizing lens because of dashboard reflection...

Last edited:
Good idea with power bank. Have to look into this, hopefully there's a guide somewhere

Back