How is the video quality for you guys ?

Apart from a small area around the sun, and the sun itself, there is very little there that is sufficiently overexposed to have no detail, and almost no camera can expose the sun well enough to record sun spots while also recording detail in the shadows behind vehicles. Also the purpose of a dashcam is not to record sunspots, apart from the position of the sun and the cloud coverage, the detail of the sun is not important evidence, so as a dashcam image, I don't think that is overexposed.

Next question, is it underexposed?

Of course if you answer yes, then you are saying that it is both pretty obviously overexposed and underexposed..
You're wrong, yet again. Yes, there are areas of the frame that are overexposed as well as areas that are underexposed - even you have acknowledged that more than once in this thread.

The big question at this point is what is the point of this latest question? Are you still attempting to divert attention from that fact that very early in this thread I asked you two very specific, unambiguous questions about statements that you made that you, in turn, have not only failed to answer but haven't even acknowledged them in any manner?

I'm done humoring you. Either answer them directly or accept that fact that your failure to do so will be a tacit acknowledgement on your part that you can't.

To use a couple of colloquial expressions popular on this side of the pond, the ball's in your court and it's time to either put up or shut up.

This is snapshot of the video from morning today.. I cannot control the weather, but not being able to see plates even this close does not make sense to me. The rear view camera is even worse. No cpl filter installed nothing. WDR is enabled or was last time i checked.. Any ideas ? Anyone got video or screenshots to share when sun is like in the face sort of situation ?

View attachment 58324
Why not simply use exposure compensation? I have set mine to +0.6 for the front camera. Yes, images can get slightly too bright in some cases, but for evidence purpose, it is fine. I am not making a Hollywood 4k movie out of my dashcam :p

Why not simply use exposure compensation? I have set mine to +0.6 for the front camera. Yes, images can get slightly too bright in some cases, but for evidence purpose, it is fine. I am not making a Hollywood 4k movie out of my dashcam :p
What about at night, do you leave it at that and its still great for night time ? we are getting to winter time and driving will be primarily in low light.

Back