how is the VIOFO A129 PRO DUO??

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
how is this camera? worth getting?

great cost to performance, if youre not planning to install the rear camera get the 119v3

- locks files when parked - reduces size SD card
- too dark videos

I like it. Had a few quirks like parking mode appareantly goes to 2K despite using 4K low bitrate. New firmware should fix it though but I'm still working with that. Also had a random issue where the overall resolution goes to 2K and I have to set it back but it's pretty rare to happen.

But for the price/value I think it's very worth it if you want a rear camera. I had a VIOFO A119 V2 before with single only.

Last edited:
what does that mean?
Means nothing because the guy is in the wrong place, he is lost in this thread. There is no firmware v 2.5 for A139 Pro and never was.

Means nothing because the guy is in the wrong place, he is lost in this thread. There is no firmware v 2.5 for A139 Pro and never was.
This thread is about the A129 not the A139.
Your post comes across as aggressive.

Title:​

how is the VIOFO A129 PRO DUO??​

Ha-ha, you are right! Today I was active only in A139 Pro forum and I don't know how I reached this thread. I didn't want to read anything except the A139 Pro. So, I was in the wrong place.
wozzza was active in A139 Pro thread, asking about A229, both are new versions of Viofo, so I was assuming he is asking about a new dashcam like A139 Pro and not about an old model like A129 Pro. From here was my confusion.

Last edited:
Looks like someone is easily offended.
Ha-ha, you are right! Today I was active only in A139 Pro forum and I don't know how I reached this thread. I didn't want to read anything except the A139 Pro. So, I was in the wrong place.
wozzza was active in A139 Pro thread, asking about A229, both are new versions of Viofo, so I was assuming he is asking about a new dashcam like A139 Pro and not about an old model like A129 Pro. From here was my confusion.

What I posted about my A120 Pro Duo in the A139 forum about an occasional problem on startup:

Once in a while I have this problem with my A129 Pro 2CH. Beeps and asks me if I want to delete something. WTH? Weird. Seems completely random. I unplug it, then plug it back in, then everything is fine. I hope I don't have this nonsense with the A139 Pro.

Other than that, I like the camera (I never installed the rear camera) but will give it away or install it on my other car and upgrade to the A139 Pro 2CH.

What I posted about my A120 Pro Duo in the A139 forum about an occasional problem on startup:

Once in a while I have this problem with my A129 Pro 2CH. Beeps and asks me if I want to delete something. WTH? Weird. Seems completely random. I unplug it, then plug it back in, then everything is fine. I hope I don't have this nonsense with the A139 Pro.

Other than that, I like the camera (I never installed the rear camera) but will give it away or install it on my other car and upgrade to the A139 Pro 2CH.
Likely a card issue. When was the last time you formatted the card in the camera? What brand and model card are you using?

The card is a SanDisk Nintendo Switch 256GB. I figured it's not a card issue as 98 to 99% of the time everything works, including downloading files from the card.

A129 Pro 2CH. Beeps and asks me if I want to delete something. WTH

I just answered another post perhaps it was you.
Take a photo of the message when it pops up and post it here.
that will help sort it out.
The more info you supply the better chance you have of being helped.

As @CaptureYourAction suggests try a different TF card and it would help if it is one the manufacturer suggests.

Cheers.

Trying a different card is the first thing I would do. Never heard of anyone using a Nintendo Switch card in a dash camera before. Stick with what Viofo recommends.
I got the card before I knew about VIOFO's recommendations. I had seen the Nintendo Switch card in an article (I don't remember by who) that it's one of the best cards for dashcams. The problem could also be that I have never re-formatted the card.

Take a photo of the message when it pops up and post it here.
that will help sort it out.
The more info you supply the better chance you have of being helped.
I'll take a pic the next time it happens, which might be months. Again, it happens as little as 1% of the time.

- locks files when parked - reduces size SD card
- too dark videos
What parking mode are you using?
If you use auto event detection, you can set the sensitivity to low to avoid locking many videos. About the brightness of videos, you can change the exposure setting on the camera to make it brighter if you want.

how is this camera? worth getting?
Yes, but absolutely buy from a recommended seller. I had unit and rear camera cable problems, and seller Captureyouraction handled the issues.
No such luck if I bought from Amazon or eBay.

Back