How is your suction cup/mount/bracket sticker holding up?

eoj818

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered the b1w. Im a little worried about it falling off my mirror every now and then. What have you guys experienced that is best to hold this camera up? I have read other threads regarding buying other dashcam mounts but i would like to avoid that if possible. Does the sticker/bracket it comes with hold up well and strong? Should i buy a different 3m sticker? Any info would be appreciated! I saw the estore dude on here giving out free mounts to new customers...hopefully he can offer me one too =]. Thanks for the help! EDIT: I live in california where it gets really hot so worried about it falling off.

Last edited:
What do you mean by falling off the mirror?
When its too hot or cold, the suction cup or whatever you use to hold the camera up falls off the mirror/windshield you stuck it on. I have read this for many cameras sadly

Make sure you clean the surfaces properly before sticking it on, including using some detergent to remove all traces of grease, and it will stick on very firmly for the next 10 years!

Make sure you clean the surfaces properly before sticking it on, including using some detergent to remove all traces of grease, and it will stick on very firmly for the next 10 years!
Yes for sure going to clean my window thoroughly. What did you use to stick it on? The bracket it came with?

When its too hot or cold, the suction cup or whatever you use to hold the camera up falls off the mirror/windshield you stuck it on. I have read this for many cameras sadly
The bracket goes on the window, make sure you clean it properly as @Nigel already mentioned and you should be fine

I hate those things (suction cups) I had one on my previous cam 3 years ago and no matter how clean the cup and the glass was, it would always came off on a hot day. But it doesn't mean all of them fail that way, mine was provably a low quality made.

Thanks for the reassurance yall. Quick other question. How easy or hard is it to take the camera on and off of the bracket? I was planning to take it off when i wont be in the car for a while or what not.

Thanks for the reassurance yall. Quick other question. How easy or hard is it to take the camera on and off of the bracket? I was planning to take it off when i wont be in the car for a while or what not.
I think it depends on the stile of the camera.

In my experience, some suction cup mounts are better than others. For example, some are made with a higher grade of silicon and some are a bit better designed so that they create a better vacuum when attached. Another factor is temperature. Where I live we get extreme sub-freezing temperatures in the wintertime and when the silicone is frozen it often loses its grip, especially on bumpy roads. Better quality silicone seems to accommodate the colder temps better, up to a point, but many a time I remember coming out to my vehicle on a cold morning and finding my dash cam and suction mount dangling down on its cable or hitting a bump and watching as the dash cam comes off the windshield. Nowadays, I only use suction cup mounts for temporary installations like testing a camera or when I have a rental vehicle.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N B1W 1
I B1W 6
M B1W 2
TexasBuyer B1W 3
R B1W 11
Back