How is Your Vico MF3 going?

Yes ... this is what I would be expecting from Premium Customer Service on this forum where SG has set the high benchmark for all others to follow.
And yes ... the upgrade option. Option a) Paying the extra is the minimum, and acceptable .... or Option b) ' - on the house and apologies for the inconvenience' is 'GOLD CLASS'
Hmm? I must admit - I did wonder just how high SG has set that bar? :whistle: .... as other leading Brands scramble for 'runner-up'

As previously mentioned - all this could be avoided simply with a note saying -''Please find enclosed your new replacement ... we apologise for the inconvenience ......
y'know ... communication.

I wonder how VIOFO handle warranty issues? Dammit ... my A119s just purrs along with no problems ... I guess I'll have to be patient (y)
In Australia, VIOFO don't handle warranty issues at all. The responsibility is left 100% with the seller. When we need to replace a VIOFO unit we always replace it with a brand new unit.

Checked my MF3 today ... the last recording on my Transcend 64GB U3 SD card was March 3rd ... 17 days ago. I have been out several times over the 17 days and always checked that the red recording light was on ... which is has always been. Problem is - it wasn't recording. The card is almost full and only had about 800 MB remaining.
The MF3 stopped recording although the red light was on and the lcd screen showed live pictures as if it was recording.
It appears that the Camera did not overwright the SD Card when it was approaching full.
I have formatted the SD card that empties all of the written files and will start again to see if it does it again. I have about 3 months warranty left.

This is very disappointing as I could have been in an accident and believed that I had the video footage ... and as it turned out - didn't.

No I didn't ... He did an Update. I read that you should do a factory reset and redo the settings.
After the problems I had with the update that bricked it - I wasn't game enough to wipe everything after the Tech had got everything (supposedly) all correct and working.

It had the 8 GB card in it that had the Update on it. When I received it back ... I put the Transcend that I had been using back in it.
Does it require a format to rewrite over the footage?

Last edited:
give them the benefit of the doubt and format the card, if you still have problems there could be more to it

personally I'd be inclined to do a full overwrite format using SDformatter in your computer just to make sure the card is set back to default settings, then format in the camera before use

Yeah ... I have formatted the card to clear it

I have a n IMAC computer which has caused updating problems before ... and taken advice on the forum to do it on a PC instead, which is what I had been doing.
Folks have mentioned that the MAC may have been leaving their mark on the card which may have been the cause of previous problems getting the bin file to work.

I play the video back in my MAC using Quicktime 10 .. but I don't format the SD card or connect up the Camera directly to the MAC as a preventative measure.
I only do formats in the Camera.

There's a bit of Goss around that Dash Cams and MAC computers aren't exactly compatible.

Last edited:
Ok ... thanks jokiin .... much appreciated ... I'll give it a whirl

Looked it up - SDformatter for MAC ... downloaded the app and gave it a try with no luck. Said 'Couldn't find any media. I had plugged it in and tried to drag & drop from the desktop into the box only it wouldn't accept it.
My usual place for MAC apps - 'MacUpdate' didn't have 'SDformatter' listed.

Yes ... and the icon appears on the desktop ... yet the SDformatter app won't recognise it.
Same procedure as when I put it in to watch the videos.

I'm no Mac expert but it sounds like something on your computer is not setup correctly, unfortunately I don't know enough about the Mac OS to be able to point you in the right direction, maybe someone else that knows Mac can chime in and offer some assistance

Last edited:
Checked my MF3 today ... the last recording on my Transcend 64GB U3 SD card was March 3rd ... 17 days ago. I have been out several times over the 17 days and always checked that the red recording light was on ... which is has always been. Problem is - it wasn't recording. The card is almost full and only had about 800 MB remaining.
The MF3 stopped recording although the red light was on and the lcd screen showed live pictures as if it was recording.
It appears that the Camera did not overwright the SD Card when it was approaching full.
I have formatted the SD card that empties all of the written files and will start again to see if it does it again. I have about 3 months warranty left.

This is very disappointing as I could have been in an accident and believed that I had the video footage ... and as it turned out - didn't.

That is THE WORST FAULT! a dashcam can have.
2 visual confirmations it is recording BUT it is not!
Very concerning.
:(:(:(

Made me wonder did I check both were actually recording, or just go by the screen playing and the “recording on” red light

I have the screen on all the time to make sure it is recording ... can't even rely on that ... grizzle grizzle ... lol

Thanks heaps jokiin ... love your work ... and they aren't even your Dash Cams .... cheers mate (y) Thanks for hangin in...

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice ... and assistance. (y)

This is the site and app I downloaded ... not sure if the 32bit app is a problem ... most if not all is 64 bit these days ... 32 may not work?
Crikey ... just checked the date .. Dec 2011 <---- o_O OH NO!!!

http://macdownload.informer.com/sdformatter/download/#downloading

Of course we all have iphones and iPad Airs etc.
But anything to do with drivers, updates , firmware I give Macs a very wide berth.
Sure they work for some people, but so so so not worth the hassle!
Borrow a PC for formatting or updates!

Macs are fine for reviewing footage.

Still doesnt excuse the situation ... no recording ... then the red light should not come on!

Yeah ... I'm finding all this out. Too bad I'm not more of a Geek ... I'd understand how gadgets work

I like simplicity - you buy something ... it works.

Complete overwrite done and formatted in Camera. (y)

Back