How is Your Vico MF3 going?

So does that mean it now records automatically?

It took around an hour for the complete overwrite.

I received the replacement back on Feb 28th ... and it stopped recording on March 3 ... 3 days later.
Appears we are going with the fact that I didn't format the SD card when I put my Transcend back in.

The problem has been noted during the warranty period and will be keeping a close eye on whether it is recording.
Hopefully, the overwrite has it sorted? I won't know for sure about whether the SD card will overwrite until it becomes full again.

Last edited:
Sods law.
Just went to the store.
Whats that reflection in the rear mirror?
Oh its the rear dashcam on!

Oh its not gone to screen saver. ???
Very Odd, I am sure I had that set as a parameter for both of them!

So I then looked at the front one.
WTF!! Its totally off. No video , no red light .
Pressed the on button and it started.

Buy some coffee, drive home and both were on ... both no screen saver.

Flaky ver. 4.4!
At least the front one should have come on and stayed on.

Despite all its wrinkles S Class coupe Mercedes electrics are pretty stable ...or you would bet a warning sign in the dash!

Not feeling uber confident about these cameras! Especially after Moons experience.
These are only a few weeks old!

As it is 4C its too cold to go fiddling around with Dashcams!
But will keep you posted.
:(:(

@Chris Hunt

Just had a look at todays footage and not happy at all.
Besides the stuttering .. the PQ is nowhere near as good as my previous Camera. The clarity is lost, it is darker ... and reading number plates is much more difficult.
This footage is significantly worse than what it was. I am not happy with this Camera at all.

Last edited:
No. Just did it ... then changed the settings then another format (did I need to do that?) .... and now off for a Drive and to check the footage.

Just went for a drive and checked footage. The clarity of the footage appears off to me. I was really impressed with the quality of the video from the MF3 ... but now it lacks the clarity. As mentioned previously, the number plates are much harder to read ... and the kicker for me in the past has been how clear the green grass is along the side of the road.
Now it is just blurry with no detail.

I could pull out my spare brand new 8GB SD card and try that as a last ditch effort that it is the SD card that's the problem, and not the Camera?
How long can we keep this MF3 on life-support before pulling the plug?

Let's cut to the chase - Priority No1 is that your Cam is recording when you are in an accident. It is crucial that you can rely on it ... Can I now rely on it? NO
Priority No2 - It needs to be able to read number plates. It is not doing this as well as the last MF3 1440p camera that I had. Another strike.
It fails in its 2 major roles ... Unreliable and PQ lacking. This is not why I paid the big bucks for a VicoVation. I expect better ... and I'm not getting it.

Last edited:
won't be the memory card, sounds like focus might be out, maybe post a screenshot so we have a better idea of what you're dealing with

I have tried that before ... unsuccessfully.

When I pause the video ... the picture improves and you can read number plates better. The grass is still blurry though.

1440p 30

I want to be able to send it off to an Authorised Technician to get these problems sorted out.
The problem here - is that the Authorised Technician has sent me this Dash Cam as the solution.

Thanks again for all your effort jokiin.

Last edited:
1440p 30

I want to be able to send it off to an Authorised Technician to get these problems sorted out.
The problem here - is that the Authorised Technician has sent me this Dash Cam as the solution.

Thanks again for all your effort jokiin.
Sounds like you need them to send you one of the latest new cameras.
As u said I chose this because of its excellent pq
Imo the best I could find.

Well Sub ... I felt fine about having invested AU$270 in a Premium brand Dash Cam that, after a lot of viewing on YouTube ... had the best Picture Quality as you know...
I enjoy the very good video quality when playing back the footage ... I don't get the same satisfaction that I had with my last MF3 ... which had really nice clarity/sharpness.

Since being on this forum ... and seeing jokiin and his SG colleagues providing the best Customer Service on the Planet - you feel deprived when it is not happening that way for you, even though you have a choice to either purchase their product and receive the top notch CS ... or choose another Brand and take your chances ... ?

I'm done with this dud ... so I will wait to see how it pans out with Chris from DashCams Central. It will also be interesting to test how 'good' VicoVation's warranty service really is ... for all to see on this forum. I suspect that the MF3 that I received as a replacement was most likely a return... ?

I'm fine with sending the MF3 back to whoever for analysis. I'd suggest someone who has a MF3 so that they can compare Quality of footage, if they can be bothered? ... but then there's also the overwrite issue. I don't want to have to keep checking how close to being full it is ... to see whether it will **** itself and stop recording again.
We Dash Cam owners need to be able to rely on these units when an accident occurs. Reliability is paramount.

Last edited:
Well Sub ... I felt fine about having invested AU$270 in a Premium brand Dash Cam that, after a lot of viewing on YouTube ... had the best Picture Quality as you know...
I enjoy the very good video quality when playing back the footage ... I don't get the same satisfaction that I had with my last MF3 ... which had really nice clarity/sharpness.

Since being on this forum ... and seeing jokiin and his SG colleagues providing the best Customer Service on the Planet - you feel deprived when it is not happening that way for you, even though you have a choice to either purchase their product and receive the top notch CS ... or choose another Brand and take your chances ... ?

I'm done with this dud ... so I will wait to see how it pans out with Chris from DashCams Central. It will also be interesting to test how 'good' VicoVation's warranty service really is ... for all to see on this forum. I suspect that the MF3 that I received as a replacement was most likely a return... ?

I'm fine with sending the MF3 back to whoever for analysis. I'd suggest someone who has a MF3 so that they can compare Quality of footage, if they can be bothered? ... but then there's also the overwrite issue. I don't want to have to keep checking how close to being full it is ... to see whether it will **** itself and stop recording again.
We Dash Cam owners need to be able to rely on these units when an accident occurs. Reliability is paramount.

Very sorry for you
And totally concur, you start the car and it MUST record. Period!
No ifs or buts!
Hate to say it, but I suspect yours was a returned item.
That’s why I am a fussy bear when it comes to new unopened items.
If I were you I would want a new one and a late one, in a shrink wrapped box. And then I would do the update ... on a PC ;)
And it should work.

Sadly I am in the same position on an iCarsoft MBII, Mercedes Code reader. It just won’t read my Comand infotainment system processor, for 2 months we have 18 emails too and fro. And now they just don’t reply!
No offer of a replacement. Completely Dishonored the warranty!
Disgraceful!

All I can do is “out them on Social Media” and ask the credit card to refund it

Which I will do!
But it’s so annoying

If there is an issue with the camera, I’m sure VicoVation will take care of it. Are you sure all your settings are the same as your last camera? Camera angle and placement the same?

Hi CYA ... Yes the settings have been checked and are the same, and the position of the mount (suction cup) hasn't been moved.

If there is an issue with the camera, I’m sure VicoVation will take care of it.

Last edited:

Hi Moon,
Sorry for the delay, we don't get the opportunity to be on the forums as much as we would like. Send me a PM or an e-mail via our website, or via my personal e-mail which you already have as well, and I will fix this for you. I can also respond much faster if you contact us directly via e-mail.

Update

MF3 has been sent back and a full refund has been received. Cheers Chris Hunt from DashCams Central(y)
This marks the end of my VicoVation MF3 experience - which lasted 9 months :eek:
We had many lovely moments together ... only unfortunately ... it wasn't meant to be a long lasting relationship ... we parted ways :cry: sob ... sob.

Also cheers to CYA & jokiin for their assistance along the way (y) much appreciated fellas.

Last edited:
Update

MF3 has been sent back and a full refund has been received. Cheers Chris Hunt from DashCams Central (y)
This marks the end of my VicoVation MF3 experience - which lasted 9 months :eek:

unfortunate it wasn't working as expected but kudos to @Chris Hunt for sorting things out for you with the next best option

Back