How is Your Vico MF3 going?

The Opia 2 is a bit big
Hmmm, opia have 72x53mm, sg 9663 front have 85x52mm...also 35mm vs 33mm opia...do, sg is more big...i think)
Maybe u mean visual size, after installation, so course sg is more hide. But physically size - opia is more little

Last edited:
Keep asking ... as someone in here will be able to answer your question

Opia 2 hangs down off a big bracket
Heh u not says about mount before when u compare, sg also have mount and have more big thickness , opia also have 3m compact mount. But physicslly form-factor is more little on opia - its fact.

the camera hangs down off the window, that style of camera is quite obvious from the outside, any similar style camera looks big in the window when hanging down like that, anyway it's not a competition, I wasn't trying to compare it to our camera, put them side by side and ours will look smaller in the window, that's the difference between the perceived size versus the measurements

Reactions: Mtz
I said earlier that when comparing you had the appearance after installation, it's not a matter of physical dimensions, but mostly its form factor, design.
On the other hand, even with this kind of looking from where to look, remember finevu cr300 / 500?. outside it is 35mm of visible object and all !. but if you look through the right ot left side window, you can see the rest of the body...
So, i think here is no any 100% invisible variant. Vico opia have a small body but not so good type of mount. Its also not perfect body design but its more easy for operate with lcd and navigationion, for example non comfort use button and screen if u install sg 9665 or 9663 on the back side mirror.
I think every.models have pros and contr...need only looks from another side

My MF3’s power connection just broke ... you can see the clasp bit rattling about inside.

I have been ultra careful regarding connecting the power cord, because I distrust the USB Micro B connectors , bluntly they are just too dinky to have any strength. That said the wifes Samsung uses them and is seriously abused by her, plugged in at least once per day. This ine just had an initial connection, and then it was repositioned .. so not imptessed with the build quality of that connection point.
On the bright side despite being a few months old, my supplier just asked me to send it in, for a replacement ... so credit to HiDigital Eye!
The other one had a problem with intermittant power, and he fixed it and returned the unit the next day.
Moral of the story is, when buying these dash-cams, make sure its supplied by someone who looks after their customers!

I bought my Vicovation MF3 dashcam in 2016. It stayed on the shelf and I started to use it just 6-7 month ago. It worked fine for 4 months and now all setting are reset to default very often, nearly every morning. I guess the reason of this is defective battery. The battery that is used in MF3 is Huahui HCC0840. I found the only option online, but they delivery exclusively to China only. Where can I get the replacement battery to be delivered to the Netherlands.

I bought my Vicovation MF3 dashcam in 2016. It stayed on the shelf and I started to use it just 6-7 month ago. It worked fine for 4 months and now all setting are reset to default very often, nearly every morning. I guess the reason of this is defective battery. The battery that is used in MF3 is Huahui HCC0840. I found the only option online, but they delivery exclusively to China only. Where can I get the replacement battery to be delivered to the Netherlands.
I would try emailing vicovation directly to see if they can give you a list of retailers that you can order a battery from. Or they may be able to send you one directly from vicovation. Vico has always responded to my emails within a day when I've had an issue with my opia 2.

My MF3’s power connection just broke ... you can see the clasp bit rattling about inside.

I have been ultra careful regarding connecting the power cord, because I distrust the USB Micro B connectors , bluntly they are just too dinky to have any strength. That said the wifes Samsung uses them and is seriously abused by her, plugged in at least once per day. This ine just had an initial connection, and then it was repositioned .. so not imptessed with the build quality of that connection point.
On the bright side despite being a few months old, my supplier just asked me to send it in, for a replacement ... so credit to HiDigital Eye!
The other one had a problem with intermittant power, and he fixed it and returned the unit the next day.
Moral of the story is, when buying these dash-cams, make sure its supplied by someone who looks after their customers!

Just an update my dealer fix it and returned it in next day :):):):)
Great service and it works perfectly. :):)
HiDigital Eye is a Great dealer!

Sorry to near that.
My dealer fixed my loose USB power connection
All woks fine again :) .:)

Maybe as he can resolder my power connection, he can change the battery?
Perhaps he can fix it for a price ? His name is Sebastian.
sales@car-dvr.co.uk

The battery in the MF3 is Lithium Cobalt Oxide. Be sure to get the same, as I believe these are more like capacitors is that they only store a small amount of power. I'm not a battery expert though.

Reactions: Mtz
The battery in the MF3 is Lithium Cobalt Oxide. Be sure to get the same, as I believe these are more like capacitors is that they only store a small amount of power. I'm not a battery expert though.
That actually the problem. Battery is of specific type "Lithium Cobalt Oxide " and of very specific size - cylinder 40 mm tall and 8 mm diameter.
TB2H1XOuEhnpuFjSZFpXXcpuXXa_!!3256243248.jpg

^ Excellent piece of advice from the Submariner ... Howdy Bro :cool:

Back