How long can Parking mode monitoring if no hard wiring

tng_tng

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I read the website from AliExpress that 70Mai pro do not need hard wiring for enable parking mode. It will use its own 500mAh battery to power the parking mode.

How long will the parking mode monitoring till the battery die ?
Will it be a few hours ? Or can hold a whole night ?

For parking mode, doe sit start automatic ally once I turn off the engine ?

Thnks !

it will once set, mate
parking mode puts dashcam to sleep, once g-sensor triggered it starts recording so presume it would last at least 24h on its own battery..but might be wrong

The battery in the camera are pretty much just for shutting the camera down properly in case of a event, its not meant for being used to power the camera for a longer period.
But 500 mah will properly buy you like 30 minutes.
But this will decrease as the battery fade, which it will do as AU are a nice ant toasty country though you guys are heading into winter now.

nope mate, 500mAh in sleep state would last for 48h, my Samsung watch got 380mAh battery and works for almost 3 days once fully charged with alot of use.
anyways, event videos are 1minute long so unless g-sensor triggered every minute and so on, it will last much longer.

Last edited:
According to russian PDA forum parking mode takes only 2 mA for the g-sensor. When the sensor is triggered, the cam records an event for 1 minute and consumes between 170-300 mA during that time. Then it goes to sleep mode 2 mA again.

So, theoretically, if battery is full, parking mode can work for about 500 mAh/2 mA which is 250 hours (10 days). This time would be suitably shorter if camera wakes and records events while in parking mode.

Try to move the car if the camera senses and starts, I checked and even after 5 minutes nothing worked, it probably will not record parking events if someone does not bother strongly in the car, but only scratch.

Hi,
there are g-sensors sensitivity settings mate, change them and try again

Back