How long can the DOD RC500S record in parking mode when connected with the DOD DP4 hardwiring kit

Heli_Guy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,
Considering buying the DOD RC500S and attaching it via the DOD DP4 hardwiring kit.
Anyone know how long it can record in parking mode until the battery voltage protection circuit de-energizes the dash cam?

Considering getting a hardwiring kit that terminates in micro USB (like this one for example: Dash Camera Hardwire Installation Kit-Micro USB + Fuse Kit Micro USB Dashboard Camera ) instead of female Aux to simplify the power wiring, any thoughts feedback?

Thank you.

Hello,
Considering buying the DOD RC500S and attaching it via the DOD DP4 hardwiring kit.
Anyone know how long it can record in parking mode until the battery voltage protection circuit de-energizes the dash cam?

Considering getting a hardwiring kit that terminates in micro USB (like this one for example: Dash Camera Hardwire Installation Kit-Micro USB + Fuse Kit Micro USB Dashboard Camera ) instead of female Aux to simplify the power wiring, any thoughts feedback?

Thank you.

I don't know the answer to your question about the DOD RC500S but if you plan on purchasing a hardwire installation kit like the one you linked to, do so with caution. Many of these kits have a well deserved repuation for frying dash cameras because of very poor voltage regulation which causes damaging voltage spikes. The supplier in your link, "Fine-shop" is one of those vendors who sells random Chinese goods and this makes this item suspect in this regard. I would recommend purchasing one of these from a reputatble supplier who specializes in dash cams even if you have to pay a bit more.

I don't know the answer to your question about the DOD RC500S but if you plan on purchasing a hardwire installation kit like the one you linked to, do so with caution. Many of these kits have a well deserved repuation for frying dash cameras because of very poor voltage regulation which causes damaging voltage spikes. The supplier in your link, "Fine-shop" is one of those vendors who sells random Chinese goods and this makes this item suspect in this regard. I would recommend purchasing one of these from a reputatble supplier who specializes in dash cams even if you have to pay a bit more.

Good point. I'll stick to their DP4 kit or perhaps get BlackVue Magic Power so I can tweak the low voltage cut off level.

No one seems to know how long the camera can run on battery, so I'll report back once I purchase and install the cameras, as I'm in Canada, I'll probably wait until spring to install, it's just way too cold to install it now.

If it doesn't work long enough or drains the battery too much, I'll probably switch to Cellink battery pack, but I'll see if this extra expense is really necessary.

Thanks.

Good point. I'll stick to their DP4 kit or perhaps get BlackVue Magic Power so I can tweak the low voltage cut off level.

No one seems to know how long the camera can run on battery, so I'll report back once I purchase and install the cameras, as I'm in Canada, I'll probably wait until spring to install, it's just way too cold to install it now.

If it doesn't work long enough or drains the battery too much, I'll probably switch to Cellink battery pack, but I'll see if this extra expense is really necessary.

Thanks.

Keep in mind that some sellers offer hardwire kits of good quality that look almost identical to the one in your link. I can't suggest one offhand but I'm sure some other DCT members should be able to if you still wish to use one of these.

No one seems to know how long the camera can run on battery

that's impossible to answer as nobody knows what size battery is in your car, you're better off with something with selectable voltage cutoff though regardless

I'll start with the DP$ or Blackvue Power Magic Pro, see how it works, if need be I can add a LiFePO4 battery pack at a later stage.

Back