how long should I wait for the 'ultimate' 2-channel system?

David-ogopogodude

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I really want a front and a rear facing (thus a 2 channel) system. Here is my expectations:

1. Being able to record in front and rear of the car (at all times)

2. being able to have a parking mode (still records --when activated-- while parked)

3. doesn't drain battery of car

4. front cam can swivel to be able to record an interaction with, say, an officer

5. being able to easily remove the memory card and view the recorded content.

6. an LCD screen is not important in my case.... (less distracting during driving, etc)

7. ideally, it can be totally integrated with one's already in-dash screen that is used for, say, navi, or other car's functions.

8. wickedly good video quality, even during night driving

Currently, I have a FineVu 500 (single channel). How long should I wait? (a year, 2, 3?)

There are some very interesting things in the works, I wish I could share but too early for details/time lines/speculation. We should hear about a few things before X'mas if all goes well.

I personally use 2 SGZC12RC in my Mustang Boss at the moment.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/?post_id=151447

Last edited by a moderator:
I second P28, though the jungle drums i hear once in a while is a fainter drum than the ones P28 listen to.

I think we will get interesting solutions in the comming year, and i dont think you have to wait to the very end of that year.

Hopefully i will be making money again by then, and enuff for me to start shopping a little again.

You could slap a mobius in the back like so many of us have done to get your rear covered untill then.

I second P28, though the jungle drums i hear once in a while is a fainter drum than the ones P28 listen to.

I think we will get interesting solutions in the comming year, and i dont think you have to wait to the very end of that year.

Hopefully i will be making money again by then, and enuff for me to start shopping a little again.

You could slap a mobius in the back like so many of us have done to get your rear covered untill then.
+1

I was really hoping we would have something exciting by this time 2015, but new technology/various SDK stuff needed didn't unfold as fast as we thought it would.

Good things come to those who wait eventually. (The next gen dashcam gears are still turning)
jungle_drum_prop_set.jpg

i think the fact that you want parking mode makes it tougher. while i love the sg9665gc and use it as my "second" front cam, it does not have a parking mode, neither does the mobius (my personal "travel" cam, for my work vehicle or whatever else). you can have them hardwired to a permanent power supply but its typically not recommended. the mobius's motion sensor is not very quick either. the SG9665GC is pretty instant, though I personally havent tested leaving motion sensing on all the time. some cams have an issue where they stop recording while you are driving if you have the motion sensor on.

personally i think blackvue and lukas have the best parking modes in terms of features and options, but none of their two channel cams are gonna have as good of video quality as any quality single channel cam.

another thing you might consider is the fact that if you wait for a better 2 channel system, when one finally comes out that would satisfy you TODAY, there are gonna be much better single channel dashcams too.

There are some very interesting things in the works, I wish I could share but too early for details/time lines/speculation. We should hear about a few things before X'mas if all goes well.

I personally use 2 SGZC12RC in my Mustang Boss at the moment.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/?post_id=151447
U.S.A the place where cars are cheap.
My dream is to buy a Mustang, maybe in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back