How long should you wait after intro of new model?

brdami46

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to all of this and I have been doing my research to buy my first dash cam.
I am especially interested in the Mini 0803 and the Vico Marcus 3.
It seems that when a new model comes along, it will have some bugs and it may take awhile for new firmware to correct these issues.
I am interested in hearing from the more experienced of you in how long I should wait before buying a new model, at least one of the two that I mentioned.
Thanks for your anticipated help.

Later this month you'll see production versions of the 0803, ones in the market now are not the final version

The Marcus 3 is coming along, but it still needs a few tweaks.I would say give it sometime as well, but if you don't have a camera at all atleast grab a G1W while you wait

The Marcus 3 is coming along, but it still needs a few tweaks.I would say give it sometime as well, but if you don't have a camera at all atleast grab a G1W while you wait

I'm a firm believer in having a camera rather than no camera, if for a temp situation I think models like the möbius and Innov are good also as they can be repurposed after you're done with and a bit more versatile

I'm a firm believer in having a camera rather than no camera, if for a temp situation I think models like the möbius and Innov are good also as they can be repurposed after you're done with and a bit more versatile
This is true too. I'm strictly a car person so I always have the G1W in mind, but other cameras like the möbius and Innov are great as well and can be used in a car along with a bunch of other cool applications so when or if you get a higher end camera they can always be of use somewhere in or outside of a car.

It's their ability to be used for other things which I think makes them a great option, I don't feel they're the best choice if it's strictly dashcam use but as a bonus feature it certainly makes them very versatile and a good fill in model in the interim

Back