How many cyclists does it take to break the law?

Rajagra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
Only one, but they do it so much better in groups.

Highway Code "Rule 165. You MUST NOT overtake ... the nearest vehicle to a pedestrian crossing, especially when it has stopped to let pedestrians cross."

Note that my van and the one in front had no rear windows, so they couldn't see if it was clear until they'd blasted past.

They went on to blindly overtake on the inside at a junction with an entirely predictable near-miss. I went to honk my horn but was too slow. Wouldn't have been taken notice of anyway.

And yeah, I do feel exactly the same way about the motorcyclists who joined in the procession.

So if any of you have wondered why I have a grudge against some cyclists despite being one myself, this is why. I see this kind of selfish, reckless crap every single day.

Sorry I write this, but I got a nasty idea.
Drill a hole in you door, big enough for a broomstick.
I think you got the idea, what I was thinking to do.;)

Bicyclists are allowed to do what they did, and are not governed by that rule.

Cyclists seem to be untouchable
Doesn't mean it's safe or right.

Only one, but they do it so much better in groups.

Highway Code "Rule 165. You MUST NOT overtake ... the nearest vehicle to a pedestrian crossing, especially when it has stopped to let pedestrians cross."

Note that my van and the one in front had no rear windows, so they couldn't see if it was clear until they'd blasted past.

They went on to blindly overtake on the inside at a junction with an entirely predictable near-miss. I went to honk my horn but was too slow. Wouldn't have been taken notice of anyway.

And yeah, I do feel exactly the same way about the motorcyclists who joined in the procession.

So if any of you have wondered why I have a grudge against some cyclists despite being one myself, this is why. I see this kind of selfish, reckless crap every single day.

What area is that? Looks almost like the outskirts of Cambridge? This is a pet peeve of mine. When I lived in the UK and had to visit London,Cambridge or Oxford (Places I found to have the highest population of cyclists that disobey road rules!!!) I used to use the park and ride facility's for Cambridge and Oxford and the tube for London. Because the number of near misses I had in those areas with cyclists was phenomenal!!!!!! They have no respect for red lights, for traffic circles, for pedestrian crossings or for the actual road rules. They seem to think they do not have to abide by the same rules as motor vehicles because they are on bicycles. Its infuriating to say the least. I think that cyclists in London and these areas should by law have to wear transponders , that way when they brake the laws and are caught on CCTV they can be fined. Harsh maybe but half the reason they carry on with this recklessness, is there is no way to keep track of them.

Cyclists seem to be untouchable....... Doesn't mean it's safe or right.

Correct........... Cyclists who think they have any more rules than they are given shows the attitude methinks.

I ride a bike more than I drive and I see this behavior all the time.

Rules do not apply for cyclists. Because they feel inferior.

Look up the slang for "door prize". I can see a great upswing in that coming soon because of how poorly cyclists behave. Also 'road rash' where whatever dirt and germs are on the pavement get ground deeply into your skin often causing nasty infections and even death. And it quickly reduces the value of those overpriced bikes everyone seems to need to be a 'real cyclist'.

Hmmm- a broomhandle, an old motorcycle fork spring, some pipe, a thin rope, and a large treble hook from the tackle box to be sure spokes are snagged..... Don't make me! :eek:

Phil

I refer you to this:
Rules for cyclists (59 to 82)
The Highway Code rules for cyclists, including an overview, road junctions, roundabouts and crossing the road.
These rules are in addition to those in the following sections, which apply to all vehicles (except the motorway section).

Back