how many of you think rear cameras are important?

S

SandraWIhan

how many of you think rear cameras are important?

I got a dash cam glued to my front windshield already.

I used to run two, and then stopped when one quit working correctly, and ever since i shopped i missed it. at the bare minimum it would help if you got rear ended and the person behind you pulled a U-Turn and took off. A fellow member here has had this happen to them.

Also if you were pulled facing forward in a lot and someone across from you pulled facing forward to their side backed out and hit your car rear bumper to bumper it would be worth while to have in this situation.

As soon as i get my Vico WF1 set the way i like i am putting it up front and thinking about putting my TF2 in the car that has my G1W and putting the G1W in the rear of the car i drive most often.

If getting a decent second camera is in your budget it is not something that is needed, but i would recommend it.
There is always something that happens behind you. Someone makes an illegal UTurn Jaywalks

My first DashCam was the Mini 0801. I thought it would hold me over until a quality Dual Cam system came out. When I got my hands on the WF1 I put it up front and moved the 0801 to the rear. The WF1 doesn't have a GPS logger so the 0801 will continue to add this missing feature. I also feel safer knowing I have video converge facing backwards now.

I posted a few videos:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...t-mini-0801-in-the-back-dual-cam-action.2838/

Last edited by a moderator:
23jqtch.jpg

Luckily the driver of the SUV was loading their items into their car and seen this happen, but...
What if the the place wasn't as packed?
What if it was at the far side and no one but the offending driver had been around?
What if this had happened at a place like a hospital where the garages can be a bit dim?
If you work in a hospital and park in the garage often that might be incentive to even buy a little bit higher end rear camera that can pick details out in the dim garage better.

Last edited:
Rear camera very important for people who try to overtake the cut in front also handy if someone is sitting right in your ass and you want to shame them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I come from a 4 cam setup with CCTV cams, and i would like that again with 1080P cameras, problem is the ones for the side doores have to be quite small so ppl dont bump them when they enter the rear ( 5 door micro car )

Was thinking on using morbius cams in rear and sides, but i am not sure if they can handle one of the good Danish summer days where temps in the shade run up over 30 deg C

Hope some 1 make lukas LK-7300 like devise with 2 cams the size of mobius cams :D

Im waiting for google to release the 'street view' camera they used as a car cam........... then I will have 360 degrees covered and be able to tap into peoples wifi networks as Im driving to work. :cool:

360 degrees is the holy grail of future dashcams for sure.

360 degrees is the holy grail of future dashcams for sure.

About 11 years ago, my friend parked his brand new Volvo on street. The building had no sidewalk so the car was right up against the building. A window air conditioner fell from the 6th floor and landed directly on the roof of the new Volvo. I was walking back to the car with my friend. I can still remember how long his jaw remained open, speechless. :( Well, at least we weren't in the car when it happened. The car was declared a total loss.(something about the structural being damaged too severely?) I wonder if a 360-degree dash cam could have captured that.... :(

Rear cam is very handy if someone was to speed up just to hit you on the side as you make a lane change. It seems alot of people see a turn signal and take it as a sign for pedal to the metal. Its no wonder no one uses their turn signals anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 11 years ago, my friend parked his brand new Volvo on street. The building had no sidewalk so the car was right up against the building. A window air conditioner fell from the 6th floor and landed directly on the roof of the new Volvo. I was walking back to the car with my friend. I can still remember how long his jaw remained open, speechless. :( Well, at least we weren't in the car when it happened. The car was declared a total loss.(something about the structural being damaged too severely?) I wonder if a 360-degree dash cam could have captured that.... :(

Great! I came on here because I wanted advice on buying a dash cam.

After a while I decided that I really needed two - one for the rear.

Recently, someone (regarding a "4-way crossing" thread) made me realise that really I need 4.

Thanks to your post, I need 5.

Tomorrow, I'll watch "The Italian Job" and decide I need 6.

Great! I came on here because I wanted advice on buying a dash cam.

After a while I decided that I really needed two - one for the rear.

Recently, someone (regarding a "4-way crossing" thread) made me realise that really I need 4.

Thanks to your post, I need 5.

Tomorrow, I'll watch "The Italian Job" and decide I need 6.

I think I want to have a dedicated satellite following my every move in real live video. Which department at NSA do I contact to make this happen?

I think I want to have a dedicated satellite following my every move in real live video. Which department at NSA do I contact to make this happen?

that's a free service provided by the NSA, just start talking about terrorism and they'll be straight on it

that's a free service provided by the NSA, just start talking about terrorism and they'll be straight on it

according to Snowden, talking with the key words "China" and "Chinese" will also trigger it... guess where most of the dash cams come from? :D

That's news to me. Your link states:

'...The report, which appeared on Russian state-owned TV and was picked up by the BBC's Monitoring service, said that cyber criminals have hidden chips inside electric irons and kettles to launch spam attacks and malware.

According to the BBC: “Rossiya 24 showed footage of a technician opening up an iron included in a batch of Chinese imports to find a ‘spy chip' with what he called ‘a little microphone'. Its correspondent said the hidden devices were mostly being used to spread viruses, by connecting to any computer within a 200-metre radius which were using unprotected Wi-Fi networks.

Other products found to have rogue components reportedly included mobile phones and car dashboard cameras.”

Rear cameras are becoming important for people which don't want to throw away the old cam because of an old bad buying decision, or because a new dashcam which fit his actual needs is now on the market.
And after about 3 cameras bought he will think how to record a 360 degrees view by placing also 2 cameras on the car sides.

Just few people are starting to buy from the start 2 channels dashcams. Because these people are few, the rear camera is not important, generally speaking.
I would like a camera which can offer the option to buy also the rear camera or not. But this to be my decision. If I will buy only the front camera because of money or because I consider at that moment the rear is not important, if after some time I will discover the importance of the rear camera I will need to spend the money just for the rear camera, and not to throw away my actual dashcam because it doesn't have two channels.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back