How many Panorama IIs GPS Loggers are going bad?

hometechnc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius, Panorama II/S, FineVu CR-500HD
Curious to see how many people are having issues with the GPS logger for the Panorama IIs...

The logger that came with my first cam went bad (battery?) within a few months. I bought a replacement
from Pier 28 just a few months ago, (Aug. 18th) and now it's doing the same thing; taking 15-20 minutes to lock on to the
satellite signal. Especially if the car has not been driven for a day or two.

This is exactly what happened to my older unit. I had since bought another Panorama IIs w/ GPS from Pier 28; is that one going to go bad too?

Interesting that's odd I haven't had anyone else report their GPS logger went bad. We stand by our 1 year warranty so I'm happy to send you a new one. I'll ask the engineers for more details too on this.

Interesting that's odd I haven't had anyone else report their GPS logger went bad. We stand by our 1 year warranty so I'm happy to send you a new one. I'll ask the engineers for more details too on this.
I appreciate that, I purchased it from you through amazon on Aug. 18th, how to you want to handle the return/replacement?
And there were a few reports of the same issue several months back when I first started having problems. Some of them removed the battery and it would work again.

Yeah mine died a while ago. ripped the battery out of the gps for good and it works. If they add my timezone to firmware (+9.5hours) I might even think about getting a new gps :)

The new enhanced GPS loggers just arrived for S and X2. If you bought from me you are covered by warranty and I am happy to send you this new one if needed.

Cable is much longer so you can reach the dashboard down the A pillar and GPS antenna logo should face the sky now. You can also stick against the window if you flip it upside down and move the sticky pad to the other logo side as an option. Antenna is bigger (a good thing)
rdr59vNl.jpg

I only have a few left of the original SGM-1328 RoHS slim ones. I will update the product photos and information on all my sales channel product pages soon.

I'll see what I can do about adding your time zone standby.

Last edited:
Back