shaolinsi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If I do remote live view one time, how much hotspot data does it use? Is the remote live view 4k/2k resolution or reduced resolution to do quick data transfer?

A 1080p camera generate around 100 - 150 MB every minute ( the quality that get saved ) as i understand it cameras that stream often do so in a lesser resolution and / or bitrate, but then again a cloud camera i assume will want to save the best possible quality footage.
If you look at the size of your video segments i assume that tell you what to expect, so if your front 4K camera generate 350 MB 1 minute files from the front camera, and the rear 200 MB every minute, then you have around 500 MB every 1 minute and 1 GB every 2 minutes that need to be transmitted ( if it do that with the same quality as saved on the memory card )

If thats the case then you need a unlimited data plan, and also a good connection to a 4G mast, here in DK i think 4G top out around 70 mbit, as thats around 8 MB every second if the connection are 100 %

A 1080p camera generate around 100 - 150 MB every minute ( the quality that get saved ) as i understand it cameras that stream often do so in a lesser resolution and / or bitrate, but then again a cloud camera i assume will want to save the best possible quality footage.
If you look at the size of your video segments i assume that tell you what to expect, so if your front 4K camera generate 350 MB 1 minute files from the front camera, and the rear 200 MB every minute, then you have around 500 MB every 1 minute and 1 GB every 2 minutes that need to be transmitted ( if it do that with the same quality as saved on the memory card )

If thats the case then you need a unlimited data plan, and also a good connection to a 4G mast, here in DK i think 4G top out around 70 mbit, as thats around 8 MB every second if the connection are 100 %

Thanks for reply! Was planning to have a dedicated data plan for a tablet to let U1000 use it as hotspot, but after see these numbers, I may have to give up remote live view function as Canadian data plans are not cheap. Still have a week away from receiving my U1000, need to try myself later.

It is the same over here in European Canada, probably even more costly as that seem to be the trademark of Denmark " Charge thru the roof, deliver as little as possible"

I am personally steering clear of these smart cameras, i just need good image quality, something they dont deliver in spite of their top tier price.

I am not familiar with the science behind the math. I have only had my u1000 a couple of days. I used my cellphone as a hotspot

I used live view while the car was running and did not see any usage. With the car off, I was able to access it for less than a minute total while sitting in my house. I also checked a few clips before the connectivity stopped. My plan shows .0003 gb usage total.

Hi all, below is the Remote Live View Data Consumption break down:

12MB/min = (hotspot + dash cam) + (phone + no Wi-Fi)

6MB/min
= (hotspot + dash cam + (phone + Wi-Fi)

(edit: added download table)

Upload:
Feature
Data Consumption
Usage Limit
Max Data Consumption (MB)
Usage Scenario
Scenario Data Consumption (MB)
Remarks
Parking/Continuous Remote Live View (On-Demand)6MB/min300min/month1,8004 min/day
120 min/month
720-640x360 video resolution @ 15fps (800kbps)
-Required upload data speed: 2.5 Mbps
-Recommended upload data speed: 4 Mbps

Download: (Note: download usage does not apply if you are connected to Wi-Fi)
Feature
Data Consumption
Usage Limit
Max Data Consumption (MB)
Usage Scenario
Scenario Data Consumption (MB)
Remarks
Parking/Continuous Remote Live View (On-Demand)6MB/min300min/month1,8004 min/day
120 min/month
720Consumes smartphone's carrier data or internet Wi-Fi data (if connected to a Wi-Fi network) when downloading cloud videos or watching Remote Live View

Last edited:
Back