How much hotspot data will I really use?

Alkemyst

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new to this. Looking for a full time hotspot so I can monitor and get notifications from my dual U1000 set up.

It records at 300MB/min though. That's a TB+ of data a month.

What do I need to do exactly?

I am planning on Verizon's 8800L, a couple 5100mAh batteries to swap/charge and their 30GB/month plan.

I am new to this. Looking for a full time hotspot so I can monitor and get notifications from my dual U1000 set up.

I am planning on Verizon's 8800L, a couple 5100mAh batteries to swap/charge and their 30GB/month plan.
I can't say for sure but when I bought the LTE module from Halfords, it came with a Vodafone sim with 40GB of data for £4/month

It comes as a bundled package. See

So I'm guessing 40GB is fine, and that's on a dashcam that supports 4K at the front

I have that same hotspot with Verizon. My cam is a BlackVue DR900X-2CH.

I generally run it for parking mode 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week, plus whenever I go somewhere on weekends.

I share an 8 GB plan between 4 devices, and the hotspot averages about 300 MB per monthly billing cycle.

You’ll probably use around 300 megs a month. The first month or two a little more. Is a new toy and we like to see how cool it is to look at the parking lot remotely...lol and then you’ll realize how dumb that is and eventually will stop looking at it almost completely. Unless you get a notification.

Back