How Much Would You Spend On a Multi-Channel Dashcam That No One Can Find

How much would you pay for a high-end multi-chan dashcam? (see features in-post)

• Total voters
Yeah, and how many times does your cam overheat because the processor is in direct sunlight, thus failing to record?
Nothing fancy about a GPS, only a mobius like cam owner would complain about it. I find speed indicator and shock event activation useful.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in a permanent hassle free, discrete, all around, reliable dashcam with features like day/night mode, GPS, parking that you've come to expect from regular dashcams.
NOTHING IS RELIABLE IF IT IS IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. (image sensors can tolerate the heat more than processing units, hence why it makes sense to separate camera and body, in addition to stealth)
Are you able to remote lens 5 or so fe
$400 is taking the proverbial.
I have a perfectly acceptable 2ch solution using 2 Mobius cams, both connected via USB to an easy accessible hub tucked away in my boot (trunk). If I wish, footage from both cams can be downloaded onto a tablet or laptop simply by connecting the USB lead. However, I tend to choose to remove either/both cams as they are ever so easy to slide out of their cradles. I use this opportunity to update/synch.
I like the simplicity of the Mobius. It does exactly the job that it is supposed to do. I don't need fads (bells and whistles) that I have found to be pretty much useless on previous cams, I, and my insurance, just need to see who was doing what. They can SEE I was hit, they don't need G-sensor fancy graphs. The 128GB SD card will provide well over 20hrs' recording at maximum bitrate.
It would be nice if Mobius gave us an easy plug in/out bullet cam rather than the existing extension lens and improved low light recording.
Does anybody know how to remote lens between 5 and 10 feet with a Mobius?

I would say the mini 0906 are close to a dual remote camera, or a bastard one such camera if you like.
The main unit of the 0906 are not that much bigger than its own remote rear camera, or the cameras i assume will be used with the first true dual remote cameras on the market.

And if you have a fairly normal layout on the windscreen you dont really need dual remote, i would say those are really just for people with extreme stealth needs, or with really silly layouts on the windscreen.

I would say the mini 0906 are close to a dual remote camera, or a bastard one such camera if you like.
The main unit of the 0906 are not that much bigger than its own remote rear camera, or the cameras i assume will be used with the first true dual remote cameras on the market.

And if you have a fairly normal layout on the windscreen you dont really need dual remote, i would say those are really just for people with extreme stealth needs, or with really silly layouts on the windscreen.
Ughmm, you're forgetting the biggest benefit in terms of reliability for dual remote, the CPU is not under the sun and thus doesn't freeze due to heat.

Indeed.
I hope the head unit stashed in a cooler place will do wonders for people in very hot climates needing parking guard, i assume the camera sensors and what is in there can handle heat better than the SOC.
Also i do hope the Head unit will lead to a fast track to get something else but memory cards for storage.

Something like this on the Head unit maybe ?
amdembed5.png

https://www.amd.com/Documents/V1000-Family-Product-Brief.pdf

Also for a long time i have been liking car computers, i would much prefer such a solution over my bringing my tablet.

I think the power dissipation is too high? 50+ walt!

I think the power dissipation is too high? 50+ walt!
That's the 100% utilization with maximum workload, etc.
Also, you don't need the 50W version, the 15W/12W will work just fine for dashcams...
If you're not using 100% then the power consumption scales and is probably dependent on the task, so an idle SoC could be drawing <<1W.
The remote head would be under the seat or trunk, etc, where it's cold often and dissipating a few watts down there isn't an issue.

My current dual chan dashcam dissipates ~6W when running, 12V @ 0.45A, and I think it was 0.22A when starting/idle.

I think the 54 watts are for the biggest model and the MAX power draw, but you are right maybe a bit too much calculating power in that one.

But i was also hoping to get some other functions alongside the recording capabilities, things like navigation - multimedia - general computing would be nice to have.

Maybe Android for OS with the option to upgrade to win 10 if you want to pay for that ( i would like to keep as much Google out of my life as i can )

For all that i would have no problems forgoing parking mode, thats a dashcam feature that i still dont care much for.

Back