How often do you encounter cameras producing this kind of video footage?

meanie2

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
As it continues recording the same thing, the colour fades.

I get this with the original mobius and a spy pen cam.
Don't see this with Xiaomi yi action or mobius maxi...

Attachments

• hkjhkjhh.jpg
    hkjhkjhh.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Looks like auto white balance "correcting" over time. Does this also happen when it's not a monochromatic scene?

Is the ambient light level exactly the same over time? Was the top frame taken right at the start of the video clip, or after the exposure and white balance have settled down?

As it continues recording the same thing, the colour fades.

I get this with the original mobius and a spy pen cam.
Don't see this with Xiaomi yi action or mobius maxi...
the sensor overheats in the mobius after about an hour, spy cam may have the same issue

Looks like auto white balance "correcting" over time. Does this also happen when it's not a monochromatic scene?
This seems to only happen when placed stationery to film a certain thing.
At least the mobius has the ability to 'lock' exposure or WB, the spy pen has no lock mode at all lol.

the sensor overheats in the mobius after about an hour, spy cam may have the same issue
I encounter this within an hour with both cam, the spy pen battery life is just 45-60 mins.
That made the pen useless lol and it's also not cheap although it's not the 2k version, it also uses H.264.

Last edited:
Is the ambient light level exactly the same over time? Was the top frame taken right at the start of the video clip, or after the exposure and white balance have settled down?
Top pic is the beginning, bottom is near the end.
Everything on auto for both cams.
Lighting condition is constant.
Both cams in original enclosure.
Basically this issue would make both cams unusable for surveillance or ghost hunting.

This is from a pen camera. Notice the discoloration. It is supposed to be dark grey.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    80 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
This is from original mobius, recording a night scene with some lit buildings, street lamps and traffic lights.

Attachments

• mob.jpg
    mob.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 4
Back