How sensitive is the g-sensor?

noobmaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've purchased a B1W to replace my very old Yi dashcam (2016). I'm a little worried if i need a better dashcam with a more complex parking system since i park on the street in my city. In the past my car had been hit while parked and the g-sensor did not activate on the Yi, so i never got a recording of this happening. To get around this i set it to record continuously.

Would any B1W owners say the dashcam is very sensitive when set to low? Or should i leave it to continuous record?

If you have it hardwired and get the beta parking mode software, it should capture it. A few people have been having an issue with the camera randomly stopping recording though, so can't guarantee you'll be okay.

For a budget cam, this is definitely a solid choice though. I would recommend it.

If you do decide to buy one, buy it in a package with hardwire kit and circular polarising filter

Thanks bud,
I had read about the random recording stopping too but from what i understand it was usually a sd card problem?
I got a Samsung high endurance card, formatted on the pc in full fat32 64kb then formatted by the b1w. Should be good as long as the dashcam is.
:cool:

Oh, interesting. I guess I'll be upgrading from SanDisk to test that theory... I realised I forgot to answer your question. I have it on medium, and it saves footage most times I just change lanes and go over the marker bumps. It should be sensitive enough on medium

Oh, interesting. I guess I'll be upgrading from SanDisk to test that theory... I realised I forgot to answer your question. I have it on medium, and it saves footage most times I just change lanes and go over the marker bumps. It should be sensitive enough on medium
Thats great to know. The only time the Yi camera ever kicked in, on low sensitivity, was me slamming on the brakes or yanking the usb cord by accident.

Ouch, that's pretty bad. I'm glad I didn't purchase it. Another good thing with B1W is that estore009, who I think is the manufacturer, is very active in these forums as you might have seen.

I've purchased a B1W to replace my very old Yi dashcam (2016). I'm a little worried if i need a better dashcam with a more complex parking system since i park on the street in my city. In the past my car had been hit while parked and the g-sensor did not activate on the Yi, so i never got a recording of this happening. To get around this i set it to record continuously. Would any B1W owners say the dashcam is very sensitive when set to low? Or should i leave it to continuous record?
You should read this thread here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/b1w-low-bitrate-beta.38707/ And suggest you load this Low bitrate parking mode firmware if you have a 64Gb card for this dashcam!

On the G-sensor, mine is perfect on "medium", but others have reported both too sensitive and not enough. There doesn't seem to be a way to ensure that yours will work as you want, but I'd say the chances are better with this cam than with most others.

Phil

Hi everyone who posted, thank you for your suggestions. I have noticed when I go over a pothole it is enough to trigger the g-sensor at medium and the b1w announces it logs the file.

On high sensitivity, it would trigger when i made a fast turn, so i switched it back to normal. I have no doubt if the car got hit, it would be recorded...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I B1W 6
C B1W 2
B B1W 6
Back