How sensitive is the G sensor.

968mint

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, beside the on - off question another issue

In parking mode I cannot trigger the motion sensor. No matter how I adjust the sensitivity und parking mode g sensor in the menu. Opening or slamming doors, shaking the car doesnt trigger recording. What is your experience?
Parking mode motion sensor (visually) work (alltough troublesome) 100 recordings p day or night. But there are trees in front of the camera at home an rather busy parking lot at work, so maybe cant blame the camera for that.
My intention was set parking motion detection to off (which seem impossible) and only use the G sensor. But the g sensor seems to be "unsensible" or is it only activated if the car is hit by a truck or so.

From the manual I understand it is not necessary to set normal g sensor to on because of irradic behaviour in driving mode.

Yep, i have pretty similar experience. In order to trigger the G-sensor, some truck would have to blow off the whole front of my car.

From the manual I understand it is not necessary to set normal g sensor to on because of irradic behaviour in driving mode.
I always have mine on, almost never triggers, but I don't often hit things.

In parking mode, if you want to use the g-sensor then I believe it currently works in low bitrate parking mode. The files will go in the RO folder. You will also get a load of PF files in the normal folder, but you can ignore them if you don't want them.

Plus, I don't think there's a way to turn off the motion detection when you're in parking mode.

I always have mine on, almost never triggers, but I don't often hit things. ...
But it’s a bit pitty when one is able to drive few km in parking mode without triggering the G-sensor (at highest sensitivity) or switching to normal mode.

I hope the new firmware will solve this. And night time blurriness, even without WDR - that’s probably more important. :p

Back