How the SG9665GC locks files?

Bensawsome

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I think I've decided to go with the SG9665GC but I'm wondering when you hit the event button does it lock just the current file or does it lock the files before and after it as well. I had a mini 0801 and 0806 and they did that which was quite nice.

It's the current file as of today, but we're always trying to improve things. I think it's safe to say this can/should be a future firmware update feature if it's possible.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'd like to ask for this feature as well.

If I'm traveling down the road and an accident happens in front of me, it can take many seconds for me to slow down, pull over, stop, then press the Lock button. If the dashcam has just rolled over to a new recording file, the previous recording file will actually contain the accident, but it won't be saved/locked. Perhaps add an option in the firmware settings to save/lock X number of recording files when the Lock button is pressed? (As in, 1 = one previous and one following, etc.)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'd like to ask for this feature as well.

If I'm traveling down the road and an accident happens in front of me, it can take many seconds for me to slow down, pull over, stop, then press the Lock button. If the dashcam has just rolled over to a new recording file, the previous recording file will actually contain the accident, but it won't be saved/locked. Perhaps add an option in the firmware settings to save/lock X number of recording files when the Lock button is pressed? (As in, 1 = one previous and one following, etc.)

it's something we're looking at, replied to your support ticket already

it's something we're looking at, replied to your support ticket already
Or maybe just the Garm*n approach: the "keep" function protects the current, previous and next files.
Wastes datacard looping space but guarantees (well...:rolleyes:) the whole event to be safe (user selectable preferably).

Back