How to apply the 0.5mm 3M EVA Foam Pad to your VIOFO A119 DashCam

Just tried to fit the ones that came with my A119 v3, Wasted 2 as both curled when removing them from the backing. The third also curled slightly but managed to fit it. Good job it came with 4

I just installed my A119 V3 today (got it on black Friday sale) but it didn't come with any of these EVA pads. I checked the ones on Amazon and they don't specify the V3 as supported, is there an updated pad I can buy from you directly @OCD Tronic?

My box came with the camera, instruction manual, GPS mount, short USB cable, long USB cigarette outlet cable, 3M cable hooks, backup 3M adhesive pad and string, 2 non-GPS mounts, and the electrostatic sheets. Can't find the EVA pads if they were supposed to come with any

Last edited:
I just installed my A119 V3 today (got it on black Friday sale) but it didn't come with any of these EVA pads. I checked the ones on Amazon and they don't specify the V3 as supported, is there an updated pad I can buy from you directly @OCD Tronic?

My box came with the camera, instruction manual, GPS mount, short USB cable, long USB cigarette outlet cable, 3M cable hooks, backup 3M adhesive pad and string, 2 non-GPS mounts, and the electrostatic sheets. Can't find the EVA pads if they were supposed to come with any
Welcome @overslept ( great alias!)

The EVA pads don't come with the unit normally.

Do you really need them with a new dashcam?

The idea of the EVA pads was to reduce the movement of some A119 dash cams as they got a little older they tend to start to move in the mount.
I have a friends car running an old A119V2 which moves up and down and is very obvious but it still records fine when on bitumen. That dash cam needs the EVA pads but I doubt you need them yet.

However, if you must here is a link to Viofo and the EVA pads.

Viofo EVA pads
a119-eva-eva-foam-pads-for-viofo-a119-and-a119s-v1-v2-a119-v3.webp

Cheers.

Welcome @overslept ( great alias!)

The EVA pads don't come with the unit normally.

Do you really need them with a new dashcam?

The idea of the EVA pads was to reduce the movement of some A119 dash cams as they got a little older they tend to start to move in the mount.
I have a friends car running an old A119V2 which moves up and down and is very obvious but it still records fine when on bitumen. That dash cam needs the EVA pads but I doubt you need them yet.

However, if you must here is a link to Viofo and the EVA pads.

Viofo EVA pads
a119-eva-eva-foam-pads-for-viofo-a119-and-a119s-v1-v2-a119-v3.webp

Cheers.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will definitely be ordering these pads. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ;)

For future reference, the Amazon page does say these pads are supposed to be included:

Capture.JPG

EVA foam is included with all new Viofo A119 series products. If it’s missing contact your seller for replacement parts. We have EVA listed for sale as well.

Sorry for the confusion caused. The EVA Foam has been cancelled. We'll update the information soon.

Why are they no longer included ?

Without them the camera can cause rattle, easily picked up by the microphone.

As posted recently, they are very fiddly and should be pre-installed.

For future reference, the Amazon page does say these pads are supposed to be included:

View attachment 59151

Can you supply a link to the seller.
As @OCD Tronic said he supplies them in all A119 models he sells.

If Viofo sold you this then I’m sure they will honour what they advertised.

If it’s from another seller chase them up.

Can you supply a link to the seller.
As @OCD Tronic said he supplies them in all A119 models he sells.

If Viofo sold you this then I’m sure they will honour what they advertised.

If it’s from another seller chase them up.
It was this page, the official A119 V3 on the Amazon VIOFO Store. I see that the description has now been updated to no longer include the EVA pads.

I ordered from this page a couple of days ago during Black Friday and it was actually sold by @BlackboxMyCar , it now is listed as Out of Stock and Sold By: VIOFO LTD

BlackboxMyCar, my order number is 112-4780493-2335413, would you be able to honor the EVA pads since they were in the description at the time of my purchase?

Is the EVA foam pad on your store suitable for the A119 V3? I am getting a little vibration while driving and hope this can fix it.
Yes, it's suitable for A119 V3. It's mainly used to solve the vibration problem that happens to the A119 V1.

We can send you one from China. The shipping would take about 10 days. Is it acceptable?

Yes, it's suitable for A119 V3. It's mainly used to solve the vibration problem that happens to the A119 V1.

We can send you one from China. The shipping would take about 10 days. Is it acceptable?
That's very generous of you, yes I would gladly accept that! Thank you VIOFO.

Back