How to apply the 0.5mm 3M EVA Foam Pad to your VIOFO A119S DashCam

OCD Tronic

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO, GitUp, INNOVV, QVIA, GUARD TRAK + More on Amazon.com
I'm going to start making helpful videos on the new OCD Tronic Youtube Channel. (Subscribe!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmGjjkqJuAROrV9NmTGkXA

Here's the first one.
(Camera in the video is an A119, not A119S but same connection on the back)

The EVA Foam is to prevent video/audio noise. The curvature of the glass will slowly pull the edges of the plastic mount. A small gap will develop over time. The EVA Foam fills this gap so you can enjoy stable video, and rattle free audio recordings.

All new VIOFO A119S include EVA pads in the box, if you need some search Amazon for A119EVA or B072DS2DW9

Last edited:
@OCD Tronic

Don't you feel that the pricing for the EVA foam pads is unreasonable?

@OCD Tronic

These are free for all OCD Tronic V1 customers that request some.

After hand wrapping each one, printing and applying UPC labels, shipping them to Texas, and the hefty Amazon FBA fee, I only make a couple dollars per sale. I just put them up so they are at least available. I know it's just a piece of foam but a lot went into getting a few to Amazon. I could probably sell them cheaper on my direct web site but most of my sales are on Amazon.

@OCD Tronic

the shipping and handling by Amazon makes it convenient to supply, but adds to the cost

keep in mind that all @OCD Tronic customers have had them supplied at no cost just for asking so it's really only about at least having them available for the customers of other sellers that don't support the product

Being essentially a fix, I feel the pricing should be not more than a $ or two shipped (even if it means taking a small hit, instead of making a profit).

@viofo should make these available free of cost for V1 customers via other channels as well. More on the lines of an explicit announcement/post offering pads to V1 customers at no charge.

VIOFO is depending on sellers like myself to help make things right. I would like to think all the other sellers are offering these free as well.

I don't have a choice. Gotta pay to fix the unit, or there's go guarantee it will be working when something happens and I need that electronic witness.. I wish there were a free fix, but there ish.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'd expect it's a bit of an annoyance for people that bought off Chinese sellers that aren't supporting the product like the local sellers are, this is one of those situations where you're reminded about the extra levels of support and after sales service that the bit dearer local purchase provides

Just received an A119S V2 from eBay seller smartway2015 without the pads.

I contacted them prior to the purchase to confirm whether the foam pads were included. I even attached photos of the pads to make sure I was understood. They told me the pads were included.

Now going through the headache of trying to sort this out.

I did consider buying from the single local Australian seller but couldn't justify the 40% higher price. Might as well buy a Street Guardian at that price range.

Just received an A119S V2 from eBay seller smartway2015 without the pads.

I contacted them prior to the purchase to confirm whether the foam pads were included. I even attached photos of the pads to make sure I was understood. They told me the pads were included.

Now going through the headache of trying to sort this out.

I did consider buying from the single local Australian seller but couldn't justify the 40% higher price. Might as well buy a Street Guardian at that price range.

We are finding that a handful of the latest batch A119S accessory boxes are missing EVA Foam pads. (Factory Miss-pack/Human error). I just sent out a few pieces to customers that reported them being missing. It doesn't seem to be wide spread but you might be part of the affected boxes.

If any OCD Tronic Customer is missing EVA Foam let me know and I'll mail some out right away.

As I see it these pads address a serious issue with the camera and are a necessity. On top of which you say Viofo haven't been consistently including them with cameras.

Viofo needs to make these available worldwide via eBay/Aliexpress/direct. As it is there are USA retailers supplying these pads and everyone in the rest of the world has no recourse for their rattly cameras.

As I see it these pads address a serious issue with the camera and are a necessity. On top of which you say Viofo haven't been consistently including them with cameras.

Viofo needs to make these available worldwide via eBay/Aliexpress/direct. As it is there are USA retailers supplying these pads and everyone in the rest of the world has no recourse for their rattly cameras.

The version 2 camera's are not really rattle cameras even without the foam. They are head and shoulders above version 1. I understand you are entitled to your foam as a new buyer should be. I got mine but I bought from the best seller, OCD Tronics.

I just purchased a V2 a119s from amazon [OCDTronic] :). I think it came with 4 EVA pads... do we really just use one? These seem microscopically thin!

Hello, I bought mine June 4 on amazon fulfilled by OCD tronic. I didn't get the EVA foam and need it badly. Also, as I have posted on a separate thread, I enabled GPS and all info stamped When I play videos I don't see the coordinates or mph on the display. Is the GPS faulty? I think I'm gonna re order another one and return this one

Hello, I bought mine June 4 on amazon fulfilled by OCD tronic. I didn't get the EVA foam and need it badly. Also, as I have posted on a separate thread, I enabled GPS and all info stamped When I play videos I don't see the coordinates or mph on the display. Is the GPS faulty? I think I'm gonna re order another one and return this one

just let @OCD Tronic know and they will sort things out for you

We confirmed there was a miss-pack with some of the accessory boxes at the factory. I'm happy to send you missing EVA foam just let me know your order number and other contact details.

I just answered your GPS question on Amazon and here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-119s-gps-stamping-not-working.29454/#post-343597

Man, follow the video... I thought I'd be smarter to take out the center cut-out before applying the foam to the camera... that foam stretches like crazy. I was able to make it work because I was pretty gentle still, but I can see it stretching and tearing easily.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119S 2
I A119S 1
F A119S 28
Back