How to apply the included EVA Foam Padding to the Street Guardian SG9663DC (extra tight fit will reduce subtle audio/video vibrations over time)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Here's how to add the included EVA Foam pad to your SG9663DC

It reduces subtle audio/video vibrations caused by the curvature of the glass pulling on the flat bracket which in turn can create a micro gap over time. Some people might overlook this step or skip it, but it's highly recommended.

Tip: be sure to take note of the serial number before applying the EVA foam (which ends up covering it up) so you can register your product on our website.

Interesting. Unfortunately I missed this video but noted every part, including this thin foam.
I put it directly on the camera mount just so I'd be able to view the S/N later if needed.
I did take a picture of the S/N too but that will probably get lost. :rolleyes:

register the camera and it will always been known.

Reactions: Mtz
Of course! I already did that - got the t-shirts the hat and the coffee cup.
hey i didnt get the tshirt hat and coffee cup, i want mine, how you claim that??

Me neither. Or is it a US only thing again?

That's pretty odd because I got mine ok.

Does anyone know why there are 3 of these paddings included with the camera? Why would you need more than 1?

They are spares as the EVA foam can wear out over time if you remove and remount the camera on a regular basis.

correct, plus the occasional misaligned application which needs to be redone, not the sort of thing you can just pickup at the hardware store so we include a couple of extras

It's the "Street Guardian Way" to take care of you best. Nobody matches them in that department.

Phil

Some try.
Last week loosing parts in a parcel with new parts for my cooling loop, coolerkit.dk stepped right up to the plate on Monday and a new fitting await me in my mailbox where it have been since yesterday.
That cost them, 50 DKkr for another fitting + shipping, but that goes a long way in my book.
Also why they have been my go to source for computer cooling parts for well over a decade. ( not that i have tried to loose parts in the postal system before )

Danish postal haven't even acknowledged the mail i sent to them Thursday about my problem :mad:

Is this the correct pad because its smaller and different than the one in the video?

Thanks

lSA6W6I.jpg

Yes, that's the correct pad, except that it is meant to be installed horizontally with the thinner portion towards the top so that it fits the mounting slot properly and doesn't cover the ventilation holes. Personally, I apply the EV foam pad to the mounting plate rather than the camera. This way the serial number is still readable and the camera is still pristine. I find it easier to replace the EVA foam when it is on the mount than when on the camera.

Last edited:
Thanks,

Oh boy, I will have to turn it around, makes sense. I thought it was to not hide the serial number.

...I thought it was to not hide the serial number.
That's why many of us use it on the mounting plate instead of the camera. Experience is a wonderful teacher. At least you recognized early on that the serial number would be covered. (y)

That's why many of us use it on the mounting plate instead of the camera. Experience is a wonderful teacher. At least you recognized early on that the serial number would be covered. (y)

Somebody oughta' tell @Street Guardian USA to do another video where he installs the EVA foam on the mounting plate instead of the camera. :smuggrin:

EVAdilbert2.jpg

Last edited:
Back