How to battery power for 8 hours

dbusguy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
I have a DVR207. I drive a bus but there is no power socket that I can plug into. I drive a different vehicle everyday so I cannot modify a vehicle.

Any suggestions for a very portable, discrete battery or power supply that can give me 8 hours of power? I was wondering about those portable power packs used to recharge a cellular phone.

Has anybody done anything like this and what are my options? If any.

Thanks

I have a DVR207. I drive a bus but there is no power socket that I can plug into. I drive a different vehicle everyday so I cannot modify a vehicle.

Any suggestions for a very portable, discrete battery or power supply that can give me 8 hours of power? I was wondering about those portable power packs used to recharge a cellular phone.

Has anybody done anything like this and what are my options? If any.

Thanks

For 8h there is a simple calculation of power consumption of 027 ( mAh ) multiply by 8h = capacity you need + about 20-30% reserve just in case.

Anker is what myself using E4 gen ( 13'000 mAh ). The one @russ331 recommended ( 10'000mAh ) will be a good choice for your needs.

Thats great, thanks. Just have to find a wire that would make the connection between the 2.

Thats great, thanks. Just have to find a wire that would make the connection between the 2.
Might have to do some DIY wiring. There are some on Amazon, but I can't remember how the tip is.
Here
and
Here
but they don't seem to be the correct size.

I googled and it looks like your cam uses a mini usb port which this has. It also comes with a USB adaptor with various popular connections including old nokia

I googled and it looks like your cam uses a mini usb port which this has. It also comes with a USB adaptor with various popular connections including old nokia
If he is using a real DVR-207 it has the old nokia end. if it is a mini USB it is a knock off.

Real
15pieip.jpg

Knock off
i3875h.jpg

243iyd2.jpg

I have a real 1. Got it from estore009
So its called the old nokia end, thanks

I have a real 1. Got it from estore009
So its called the old nokia end, thanks
That's always what I have herd it called. I don't know if it has a technical name.
Back when I ran mine I was at one of those closeout stores and they had a charger for an older Nokia phone. It looked close when I eyed it up, but it did not fit correctly so it might take a little trial and error to find the USB to O/N cable you are looking for.
Maybe if you email eStore they can point you in the right direction.

The camera it self also takes a BL-5C battery so swapping to a higher capacity version of the battery might help you gain a few more miles if you are out on the road and your jumper pack dies. I don't know what the stock size is, but SpyTec sells a replacement battery that might be higher letting you squeeze a few more mins out of the camera.
here

Last edited:
Nokia type connector is the 35135
Thanks jokiin
I found this dbusguy, but I am not sure if you can only order one. I found it on another site too, but you had to order a min of a few thousand

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CheckYourLights.
If the battery unit doesn't come with the right cable, I can start to look for this
:D

Hello,

Can someone help me to know how many days will my dashcam record when my car is parked ?

If I buy a 30000MAH power bank ?

And is it possible to buy bigger power banks ?

And is it possible to charge the powerbank when driving the car ?

Thanks a lot <3

I did order the battery as I said in post 8. Works great. Gives me 3 days of power but takes 6 hrs of recharging for every 8 hrs use. It does have the adaptor for the DVR-207. The hole had a burr so I scraped it out with a knife.

heru6y8u.jpg

su4u3y4e.jpg

edepype4.jpg

a2age2u2.jpg

You were all a big help with info about the battery.

I now need help with the cord. 2 pictures below show the original cord that came with the cam and is 90deg angle. This tucks in neatly. But this is a very long cord and has the 12 car plug at the other end. The other picture is of the cord that came with the battery. You can see how much it sticks out the side and I'm worried that over time this will get broken. Remember, this is sitting, bouncing around on the dash of a bus.

I've been looking and searching for a cable USB on 1 end and the Nokia end on the other at 90deg. Only needs to be 12-15 inches long but can be longer and coiled up.

I ask you for your help. Can y'all help me find the right cable?

Thanks

a27ed9e6787e8ecbc022d8cc6090b076.jpg
0f1aea58970c75aeb01cbd2cce5a018b.jpg

Remember, this is sitting, bouncing around on the dash of a bus
Could using some DualLock Tape be a temporary solution to keep it from bouncing around?
I know you said you drive something different every day, but I could not imagine a small piece of adhesive causing an issue until you can find something better.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00347A8EOCan be had cheaper at Walmart, but that is the stuff I use to hold CB Mics and a whole car stereo in one of my cars.

Back