How to change firmware Chinese language to English language on Yi dash camera version CABAA or CA31A

Frenky Tan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, 119 Pro, 119S, Yi DashCam
Please take a note, this step below is not meant for Xiaoyi Black Edition. I'm not recommending purchasing Black edition.

The step should work only like picture below:
s-l500.jpg

1. Create 3 empty files with notepad with filenames with your computer:
engmode (without any extension, check your hidden system windows setting).
AAA222CCC.txt (text file)
SN.txt (text file)

2. Open & edit SN.txt & AAA222CCC.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left and change word CN to US and save it.
e.g. CABAAACNC01650 > CABAAAUSC01650
e.g. CA31ABBCNB02780 > CA31ABBUSB02780

3. Copy all three files into the SD card.

4. Power up the Yi dash cam using usb power adapter (don't connect USB to computer).

5. Don't surprised with this step, look like you brick the dashcam. The serial number will appear and change to US instead of CN and the camera will not function with any menu at all, and with written 'support@xiaoyi.com' (or similar)

6. Turn off Yi dash cam.

7. Put back the SD card to your computer, format it.

8. Download English Emergency AID firmware from
https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_dash/id/3
Filename should be 'FWCARC10.bin'

9. Copy 'FWCARC10.bin' to SD card and Power on the camera using USB power adapter.

10. The Yi Dash Camera will start processing update, be patient to wait while the light still flashing from slow to fast.

11. Once flashing is done will see the English language menu.

12. Finish.

Last edited:
This instruction is working for any grey or gold 165 degree camera , that coming with 1.03.xx CN or later .
NOT ONLY for
CABAA or CA31A

I have a problem with this solution... I put all the files on the SD card, but instead of a blue screen I get a pink screen in chinese about SD card Class 10. My card is Kingston 8GB class 10, so I don't know what the problem is. Any ideas?

Try to format the card in camera or try different 8-32Gb class 10 card formatted fat32,64kb cluster

that's a problem because the camera never accepts this card, doesn't turn on with it. I had a Yi camera with older chinese soft (CA21...) and it also didn't accept this card, but when I put the engmode and sn files it succesfully changed the serial number, so I thought that the card parametres don't matter here, I even updated the older camera using a 2GB micro SD card

The micro sd for firmware update and for using in camera dvr for video recording have different requirements .
In general for firmware update you do not need class 10 , but 64 GB card is not supported for firmware update .
Anyway car dvrs of most brands were not tested with every card on the market .

ehhh... ok, I'll buy a new card than, thanks!

I have a problem with this solution... I put all the files on the SD card, but instead of a blue screen I get a pink screen in chinese about SD card Class 10. My card is Kingston 8GB class 10, so I don't know what the problem is. Any ideas?

You are at step number 5, perform the rest steps.

I messed up DVR stitching for instructions.
V-1.03.025-CN first firmware version has been such
I changed the serial number on the US (mine was CABAAACNC01650, became CABAAAUSC01650)
then I downloaded the firmware for it to the office site.
and now is not loaded and the recorder writes "System language adaptation fail Access denied"
I put back the Chinese firmware writes the same thing only in Chinese.
Who or what can be done to change the serial number, even the Chinese back.
There is a solution of this problem?

I messed up DVR stitching for instructions.
V-1.03.025-CN first firmware version has been such
I changed the serial number on the US (mine was CABAAACNC01650, became CABAAAUSC01650)
then I downloaded the firmware for it to the office site.
and now is not loaded and the recorder writes "System language adaptation fail Access denied"
I put back the Chinese firmware writes the same thing only in Chinese.
Who or what can be done to change the serial number, even the Chinese back.
There is a solution of this problem?

You must be doing wrong steps, after the serial number changed it should work if you format the sdcard and download the correct firmware from the official site.
And the camera will start flashing and upgrading the firmware, during this time you need be patient wait the camera on going process update.
it might take from one minute to 5 minutes.

I tried the rest of steps but I got the language error, so the serial didn't change. I'll buy a better card, hope it helps
which step you seen the language error? is it when you upgrading the dash cam? you downloaded the official file from the link?

I have Yi cam CCBAA, it went blue when I put the AAA222CCC.txt in the file and it seemingly changed the SN to US. But when I try to flash emergency aid, it went pink with the email. Had to revert back to chinese firmware. any thoughts?

If pink with email, process is correct.
It show that your dashcam bricked.
This is time to flash with emergency aid firmware.

Off the dashcam.
Format the SD card with power adapter.
Put again the emergency aid file.
Put back the sdcard into dashcam.
Power in the dashcam.
It should be flashing the firmware.

Problem is my serial is CCBAA, which is not available on the US website. So I tried CABAA but it stays on the pink screen with email, nothing happens (I already put FWCARC10.bin) on the SD Card.

Hi i have a CA31AA.. dash cam I think that i made a mistake when i changed the SN.
Notepad somehow saved it with encoding UTF8 with bom, not plain UTF8.
I realized it only when i saw three squares in font of my serial on the camera. :)
But maybe I'm wrong, but Emergency AID firmware doesn't restore my dash cam.
Is it possible to somehow change the serial number again At the system language adaptation fail error?

Hi i have a CA31AA.. dash cam I think that i made a mistake when i changed the SN.
Notepad somehow saved it with encoding UTF8 with bom, not plain UTF8.
I realized it only when i saw three squares in font of my serial on the camera. :)
But maybe I'm wrong, but Emergency AID firmware doesn't restore my dash cam.
Is it possible to somehow change the serial number again At the system language adaptation fail error?

For me I never changed the format text, mine was ASCII.

Problem is my serial is CCBAA, which is not available on the US website. So I tried CABAA but it stays on the pink screen with email, nothing happens (I already put FWCARC10.bin) on the SD Card.

Your default menu was in Chinese language or English language?

Is it works also with grey CABAA camera?

Back