How to change firmware Chinese language to English language on Yi dash camera version CABAA or CA31A

Hello,
My SN is CCB... is there any chance to change language into english?
I've already changed the SN from CN to US.
Thanks

Hi, My SN in CABACA.
I changed the SN number from CN to US. I got my screen shows on the SN number with US. But I dont see any support email.
I turn off the cam.
Format the SD card. Copy the FWCARC10.bin file to SD Card.
But I can't able to power on the cam anymore.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Update:
Follow the steps on the 1st page until...
8. Format the SD card. Copy the FWCARC10.bin file to SD Card.
9. Plug in SD Card to cam.
10. Connect the power supply cable to cam. (Power supply must be turn on before plug in the cable to cam)
11. Don't worry if you don't see yellow light ON/flashing, as long as the red light is ON. Wait for few minutes (less than 5 mins).
12. Cam should be auto start after update the firmware. ++ DONE ++

Last edited:
Cześć. Będzie on również rozwiązać podobny problem, który nie może być zmieniony w numerze amerykańskiego, zawsze po reset oznacza CN. Czy ktokolwiek ma jakiś pomysł?

Attachments

• IMG_20170706_113903.jpg
    IMG_20170706_113903.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 19
I have CABAAA
after red screen with email address
I turned on with FWCARC10.bin sdcard.
after plugging in usb power cable, nothing comes on the screen, it's blank
only red light is on.
nothing happens, waited waited, nothing. pressing power button does nothing.

try turning it on with out any sd card, same black screen with only red light.

what happened?

I have CABAAA
after red screen with email address
I turned on with FWCARC10.bin sdcard.
after plugging in usb power cable, nothing comes on the screen, it's blank
only red light is on.
nothing happens, waited waited, nothing. pressing power button does nothing.

try turning it on with out any sd card, same black screen with only red light.

what happened?

it's working now.
No idea what happened, yesterday it didn't even power on.
today I redownlaoed FWCARC10 and gave a one last try before tossing in the trash.
It came back to life! with English!
Thank yoU!

Hi, I have a problem with the webcam. I tried to change the language and now it pops up error information and email address. I was playing firmware, changed to Chinese etc. on 8gb and 64gb card and nothing. The camera does not turn on, only the pink background with the mail. What can you do to make the camera work? Emergency English and Chinese aid works. Something I had to confuse perhaps. Xiaomi Yi Dash - gray. V2.1; CABAAACNC01721FE06A7.

for everyone who got a CCBAA serial version and got a pink screen.
Just put your sd card back to your computer,
- re-edit the SN.txt and AAA222CCC.txt back to CN (you're changed it to US, dont you?).
- check to sure the serial number in two the file is same with your camera.
- put the card to the camera and power on, wait until you see the blue screen with right serial number.
remove card and format it with computer.
now done

you can aslo re-install CCBAA firmware with this link
http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/download.html

Last edited:
After follow this step, my yi stuck on "YI See Different" and light stuck yellow.
how to troubleshoot this problem??

Yi - CABAAACNC01703018645

Last edited:
I have problem after flash the dash cam, that become chinese text "system langauge adaption fail" (in english) after implementation in page one in this thread,
so i try download firmware update from here https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_dash/id/3
1. i choose CA31A and Upgrade Firmware
2. downloaded file as name firmware.bin, i rename it as FWCARC10.bin
3. i turn off dashcam dan plug off cable
4. format SD Card as FAT32
5. copy file FWCARC10.bin (before-number 2) to SD CARD
6. insert to dashcam and then turn on/plug in cable
7. wait around 1 mnts and done. my dashcam become english
Hi,
Did your sn starts with CA31A or CABAA?

- re-edit the SN.txt and AAA222CCC.txt back to CN (you're changed it to US, dont you?).
- put the card to the camera and power on, wait until you see the blue screen with right serial number.
now done

Did you able to back to CN serial?
Since i get the access denide dam error msg i can not do nothing, and what about the "engmode" file? If you need the Chinese serial :)

Hi All,

I got an International version in gold color, and I've done the english language conversion by changing the serial number from CN to US.

I did this when it was still firmware V1.01.xx

I want to updrade to US V1.03.26, my question is, do I just upgrade using US firmware as usual (from Yitechnology website) as in I have a US Dash Cam or do I need some special procedure?

Hello,

I have a CABAAA V2.1 camera and unfortunately after uploading files to SD card nothing changes. Of course I made 3 files, only in "SN.TXT" and "AAA222CCC.txt" I typed my camera code by changing "CN" to "US", then put on camera and nothing changed, it is still "CN"

now done

I have tried changing the serial number (CCBAA) back (with the SN.txt & AAA222CCC.txt) but am still stuck with the email support screen.
I have also tried re-installing the firmware but it remains on the email support screen.
Have I ruined my camera or is it repairable??

I have the same problem as you. Recently i bought a Yi
sn CABAAACNC01708F5F0A3
V-1.03.027-CN
I've done as said in the first post ( created 3 files, 2 of them with the new SN in them CABAAAUSC01708 ) but when i turn on the camera nothing happens... My card is a Kingston 32GB class 10 formatted as FAT 32 64kb unit size..

What i've done wrong? Please Help. Many thanks!

LE: I figured it out after i read the post here
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...s-n-for-cabaa-serials-and-maybe-others.29597/

No more hassel to change SN if you have a chinese version with the V-1.03.027-CN.
Worked for my camera. I downloaded the file from the post above and the simply unzip it and then copy paste to my sd card without formatting or anything. connect the camera to a power source before opening and it should prompt with a popup to update. push pe powerbutton and a cloud should appear and update the camera in about 1-2 minutes. Link to the official step by step instructions https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_en and the link to download the firmware. https://yadi.sk/d/sqC9sNjb3KWadQ

Last edited:
Same as Prezzle. I do not believe the serial number ever changed from original CN but no matter what I try it is always the "System language adaptation fail Access denied" message with pink screen. Attempts at serial number changes do nothing, the US firmware at least gives the flashing orange light but changes nothing, the CN firmware is not even recognized. I keep telling myself no more imported Xiomi products but then I am always hoping that they will truly notice that the have customers outside of CN.
Edit, finally I have life with the original firmware. Downloaded FWCARC10.bin from here using camera type CABAC and emergency. http://www.xiaoyi.com/dash/firmware/download/ Now back to CN but at least it is no longer a brick and I can figure out the menus which is better than a really expensive paperweight, not sure if any of the hacks will work to switch to English anyway because I never did see any serial number show on screen. My S/N is CABAACN0170............

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have grey device with SN CABACACNC0173000D9CB (hardware version 2.1), chinese firmware V.-1.03.026-CN is installed.
I changed SN to CABACAUSC01730 and succesfully applied it to the device (blue screen) and got pink screen device restart (as expcted).
Then I downloaded https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_en - CABAA FWCARC10.bin file (V.-1.03.026-US) and flashed device with it.
All went fine and took 3 minutes.

So, I confirm that the procedure in the post 1 is correct and can be applied to CABAC devices as well.

Last edited:
Hi, My SN in CABACA.
I changed the SN number from CN to US. I got my screen shows on the SN number with US. But I dont see any support email.
I turn off the cam.
Format the SD card. Copy the FWCARC10.bin file to SD Card.
But I can't able to power on the cam anymore.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Update:
Follow the steps on the 1st page until...
8. Format the SD card. Copy the FWCARC10.bin file to SD Card.
9. Plug in SD Card to cam.
10. Connect the power supply cable to cam. (Power supply must be turn on before plug in the cable to cam)
11. Don't worry if you don't see yellow light ON/flashing, as long as the red light is ON. Wait for few minutes (less than 5 mins).
12. Cam should be auto start after update the firmware. ++ DONE ++

I bought the Yi dashcam CABAA and attempted to change the language to english without success. Thought I had it solved because the screen went blue but when I ran theFWCARC10.BIN all I got was a pink screen with chines in he middle and email support@xiaoyi.com at the bottom. Turning it off and on with and without the sd card changes nothing.

Thanks, Dave

Back