How to change language from Chinese to English

psmithpalliser

Reaction score
Country
Peru
So I just bought online a 70Mai 1S but it came directly from China. Is there any firmware to change the langauge to english? The camera works fine but I can´t give any commands.

Last edited:
This worked for me too! Do you have a more up-to-date version firmware of the camera? "Record video" and "Take picture" work well, but the other commands don't.
This is the latest firmware and will not be anymore. The English version only supports these 2 commands: "Record video" and "Take picture" .

This is the latest firmware and will not be anymore. The English version only supports these 2 commands: "Record video" and "Take picture" .
Oh, okay! At least the main 2 commands work, so I'm still happy with them, thank you lisabon!

Install 1.0.4 when the dashcam is 1.0.5 works correctly? This is a downgrade??
No, we're changing the version.
See the version history:
International version: 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 -> 1.0.4(ww) (last)
Chinese version: 0.0.25 -> 1.0.4 -> 1.0.5(cn) (last)

The international firmware 1.0.4 is the latest and has the same changelog as the Chinese firmware 1.0.5. Do you understand?
ww.jpgcn.png

I just updated and everything is correct. Now the language is in English.

One question, how can I silence the sound when the camera is turned on?

One question, how can I silence the sound when the camera is turned on?
Can you send a screenshot of the DVR settings in the 70mai app? I think there was such a parameter.

There is an audio option on startup but it is disabled, it still sounds on startup

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 19
Weird. What does this setting affect then? Have you checked several times?
I can replace the power-on sound with silence in the firmware. And what to do with the shutdown sound?

Weird. What does this setting affect then? Have you checked several times?
I can replace the power-on sound with silence in the firmware. And what to do with the shutdown sound?
Have you got the same firmware?? I have checked several times and doesnot work.

I don't have this device.)
Hear me, I can change the on and off sounds in the firmware.
Power_On. wav - the power-on sound. I'll replace it with the sound of silence, you won't hear it.
Power_Off. wav - the sound is turned off. Should it also be replaced with the sound of silence or not?

I can do it. Do you want to leave the sound off?? Just tell me!

What about power off? Do you need a turn-off sound??

Back