How to change language to English in Yi with V-1.03.025-CN software

• Thread starter Deleted member 34462
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34462

I have a chinese, grey Yi dashcam with V-1.03.025-CN software (SN: CA31AACN...) and I can't change the language to English, engmode and changing SN doesn't work. Does anybody know a method to change this software?

I have the same problem, but now don't have any solution... Somebody help

Testing Serial CA31 version Waiting Plz.

Me too. Anyone help change to US version?

CA31 CABA can't change to english menu Yi already block this trick

camera not read engmode

please note

CA31 CABA can't change to english menu Yi already block this trick

camera not read engmode

please note

i did already engineer mode hack.
so... plz wait for my post.
i will get more data and test firmware....

D-DAY : 2017-01-20

i did already engineer mode hack.
so... plz wait for my post.
i will get more data and test firmware....

D-DAY : 2017-01-20

ok if you can do it please advise and give file you have do it tks.

i already do it with same way used before but it brick stuck in ping colour page but can resoter back by flash original firmware math with S/N in Yi dowload

also S/N CABAA also can't

For model 1080P 30fps S/N CC11 please do not change english mode it will brick and can't resotre back due to no have firmware release by yi to download and resolve

To change firmware to english on chinese dash camera version with s/n CA31 or CABAA , need to put on formated microsd - 3 files AAA222CCC.txt, engmode, SN.txt
AAA222CCC.txt, engmode are empty files , SN.txt with 14 symbols of s/n with US instead of CN
After changing s/n , format micro sd and download english emergency aid firmware from here
https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_dash/id/3
copy it to micro sd and power on the camera , it should change firmware to english
Note : This method works on 165 degree cameras(gold or silver) with any serial number and firmware vesrions starting from 1.03.023 CN and higher.
Use genuine from known brands 8-32GB class 10 , FAT32 ,64KB ,formated micro SD card for firmware upgrade .
DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD to change language on BLACK CN version

Last edited:
Hi,
Entering engmode ok, but SN still same. What can be the issue ?

Last edited:
Which sn you have ? it should change sn without entering engmode , just put 3 files as mentioned

i put CABAAAUSC01649
firmware 1.03.027-CN

if you put 3 files correctly it should show you blue screen with new sn,try to format micro sd in
dash camera and put it again

I think I have issue with the sdcard. It's a 64GB, but every time i power on the dash cam, I think he format the card. After that i can't acces it from pc. And now it's max 28GB formated

if you put 3 files correctly it should show you blue screen with new sn,try to format micro sd in
dash camera and put it again
Not working. Always after open the camera, he ask to format the card

Not working. Always after open the camera, he ask to format the card
probably you have unsupported or corrupted micro SD card
Do not use 64gb card for firmware update,use 8-32gb class 10 ,from known brand,format fat32 ,64kb cluster

Last edited:
To change firmware to english on chinese dash camera version with s/n CA31 or CABAA , need to put on formated microsd - 3 files AAA222CCC.txt, engmode, SN.txt
AAA222CCC.txt, engmode are empty files , SN.txt with 14 symbols of s/n with US instead of CN
After changing s/n , format micro sd and download english emergency aid firmware from here
https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_dash/id/3
copy it to micro sd and power on the camera , it should change firmware to english
Note : In general that should work only on 165 degree cameras that coming with CN firmware ,starting from 1.03.023 CN and higher.
Currently do not try to change language on Black CN version

I still not understand, what is the contain file AAA222CCC.txt? Same like SN.txt?

No , "AAA222CCC.txt , engmode are empty files", only SN.txt with serial number , two others file are empty , no data inside , just create them

thanks for your advice..

will test it

how about. CC11. can you try to change

Back