How to check memory card? Fake or original?

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
insert_callout3.jpg

http://www.humanlogic.com/sdinsight/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

For Windows computer, I would recommend h2testw software for checking for fake or defective memory card. There are many sites to download from but some sites likes to bundle malware or adware with it, get it direct from the original source ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/h2testw_1.4.zip

For Windows computer, I would recommend h2testw software for checking for fake or defective memory card.

this is sort of correct, most fake cards fake their capacity so this easily exposes that, if the size were the same and all sectors are read you still don't know if it's real or not, second hand and lower grade memory are still a problem

I recently found that my Samsung EVO cards were returning advertised speeds and also passing H2Test, however, they were failing in the dashcams. Came to the conclusion that they may not be fake but perhaps being made under licence to a cheaper standard? When using local shop bought cards the dashcam has worked perfectly.

I got a kingston card with simmilar issues as your samsung evo , and i got it in a local B&M store.
But all my kingston cards come from the same store and i have made RMA on all of the cards at least 1 time, maybe its a bad batch or somthing.
Either way i an now moving slowly avay from the kingston cards.

I've had a very good run out of Kingston cards but just in the last shipment we got a handful of bad ones, we're in the throws of changing to Transcend at the moment

Speaking of B&M, not sure if you've got a dog but there's an alert out about their dog food killing dogs. Some nasty stuff has been put in the food as part of the manufacturing process and it causes complete kidney failure or something.

Hehe did not know there was somthng named B&M, by that i meant Brick and Mortar stores, thats is a local store you can walk into.

But yes there been some stories about simmilar problems over here, seem like " well its just food for pets" so they put all kind of stuff in it.
Several brands of dog food is allso so bad for the dogs, far too much of some "fill materials" that can give kidney and what not problems down the road.

But hey its the same with some "foods" for humans, far more fat and sugar than needed in many things.

Lol ah there is, it's like one of those pound shop types.

Back