How to connect 2 dashcams

slayer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I bought Cellink and want to improve time on battery. Sometimes depending on the parking place I need only 1 dashcam running, so I would like to make some switch, which can turn on/turn off front dashcam or rear dashcam or both. I found something like that - DPDT. Is it possible to connect this switch with Cellink and 2 USB from 2 dashcams? Do you know how to do it or any other idea beside plug out 1 usb ;)

It only has 3 positions, but you are asking for 4 options:

1. Both on
2. Both off
3. Front only
4. Rear only

You either need to remove one option or you will need a different switch...

Well I can turn off both by turning off Cellink Neo. The question is, if it's possible to connect my dashcams and Cellink Neo to the DPDT switch and how to do it? I mean, how to connect usb cables to the DPDT switch?

Well I can turn off both by turning off Cellink Neo. The question is, if it's possible to connect my dashcams and Cellink Neo to the DPDT switch and how to do it? I mean, how to connect usb cables to the DPDT switch?
The switch is designed to take crimp connectors, probably the blue spade type.
But I would solder the cables to it, cut the cables at the point you want to insert the switch, strip some insulation off and solder them on.

I guess power goes in on pins 2 and 5, power comes out on pin 6? for the rear camera, pin 1? for the front camera. Pin 7 is probably 0 volts for the lamp.
If you want both front and rear on together when in the rear position then add a wire between pin 1 and pin 3.
The centre position will then be both cameras off.

Back