How to connect A129 to Cellink Neo 9 for Buffered Parking Mode

gabilondo77

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo,Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K
Hello,I have just ordered the Cellink Neo 9 battery,and I'm wondering if the buffered parking mode on our A129 needs the 3 wire kit or will work only with female cigarette 12V plug connected to Neo's output for the dashcam?Searched on the forum but didn't find anything for the A129+Neo..Thank you in advance..

Hello,I have just ordered the Cellink Neo 9 battery,and I'm wondering if the buffered parking mode on our A129 needs the 3 wire kit or will work only with female cigarette 12V plug connected to Neo's output for the dashcam?Searched on the forum but didn't find anything for the A129+Neo..Thank you in advance..
Buffered parking mode does need the 3 wire -hardwire kit. I have celllink neo 6 recently installed but yeah it has to be 3 wire and the cellink battery pack should already come with 3 wire output

Buffered Parking Mode will work without the 3-wire kit, but it won't activate as soon as the car is shut off. There will need to be 5 minutes of no motion or g-sensor activation before it enters Parking Mode. That said, use of the 3-wire kit is the most reliable way to use Parking Mode.

Sorry I didn't answered,but my Amazon purchase was cancelled by the seller after few days,telling me that his account was hacked and he never sold the Neo 9 battery pack,no money was taken from my account,very strange situation after all.Two days ago I found the NEO 9 on this webstore http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/cellink_b/powerbank/cellink_neo9.html with option to ship to EU outside UK.I've made the payment by PayPal and now after two days I have received a refund from them to my PayPal account,just like that,no explanation and they didn't answered to my emails asking about the situation.I can't find anywhere this battery so finally I think I will buy this powerbank with pass-through charging and 100Wh capacity: https://zendure.com/collections/a-series-portable-chargers/products/supertank-blue

Last edited:

What about wiring the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit power wires (BATT and GROUND) to the powerbank battery and then wire the ACC wire to your ignition circuit from the car. This will then use the car as a "car running / car parked' signal and power will be supplied from the powerbank battery when off, or passed through when engine is running.

The ACC wire on the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit simply is a trigger wire. The BATT wire provides all power to the A129 Pro.

Reactions: Mtz
What are you going to use as a charger?
I've never seen a 100W USB car charger...
Me neither,but I will search for the most powerful available and when the powerbank gets empty I will just charge it at home.I want the pass-through charge to make it simple in car(don't need to disconnect the camera from lighter and connect to powerbank when I stop the engine or reverse when I start it).I will not use parking mode,I need it just for supermarket parking, etc..At home the car is parked in garage.

No that's pretty substantial, i think 30 W is about as big as i have seen car chargers for USB

I'm currently using an Anker 2x 18W USB PD charger connected to 2x Poweradd 20,000mAh USB PD Powerbanks to get a total of 40,000mAh capacity and 36W charge rate - plenty for the supermarket car park, a 10 minute charge will easy give 2 hours parking mode and a full charge will give a full weekend with most dashcams. Also use a cheap voltage regulator (hardwire kit) to supply power while the powerbanks are charging and the outputs of the 3 are just connected in parallel. Not enough charge rate for 24 hour coverage, but more than enough for supermarket car parks.

The powerbanks cost me on average £4.10 delivered in ebay auctions, while a Cellink Neo with far less capacity than the two would cost £350 from Blackvue!

Good try.

Is that only 36W for a car?

I assume that the truck is more because it has 24 volt power so the charger can output 20V power but a car can only manage 12V @ 3A = 36W.

The price at 79 euros for a car charger is a bit much for my liking anyway!

I think is more than 12V with engine running?
People are saying is charging the 87W Mac like the wall charger,same amount of time.I don't know if is raising up from12V to 20V/4.5A,really don't know how is working.I know PD technology automatically outputs from 5V-20V,but I assume it needs a 20V input voltage to do that..

Last edited:
I think is more than 12V with engine running?
Alternator voltage is normally 13.8V, but USB PD can only run at 5, 9, 12, 15, 20, so if the charger can only reduce the voltage then the highest possible is 12V, and the maximum amps for 12V USB PD is 3A.

I did notice however that my supposedly 36W (2x 18W) Anker charger actually consumes 50W when charging my two powerbanks simultaneously, so maybe more is possible even if not in the specification!

If you are charging at home then a slower charge is good since it causes less wear = longer lifetime. 30W is still fairly fast for that capacity lipo cell, partly why I went for 2x 20,000mAh.

If I use the normal usb adapter (attached to the cable) and connect it to the normal usb plug of the wall charger will charge in 14-15 hours overnight.If I use usb-c to usb-c plugs will charge in 4 hours.

If I use the normal usb adapter (attached to the cable) and connect it to the normal usb plug of the wall charger will charge in 14-15 hours overnight.If I use usb-c to usb-c plugs will charge in 4 hours.
That is normal, and if the slow charge is fast enough then it is best to use the slow charge.

However I did read the note on you Amazon link: "*Nota: se recomienda encarecidamente el uso de un cargador de 30W + PD para recargar A8PD. Es posible que NO pueda cargar A8PD cuando use un cargador de menos de 30W AC"

Maybe I have not understood since I don't read spanish, but it seems to say that you can't slow charge?

I've watched reviews on YT and it can slow charge with normal usb connection,it takes 14-15 hours.I don't know why they put that note,maybe with really weak chargers will not work.

Recently we also do soem testing for using a hardwire kit to charge the power bank.
Some power bank support quick charger, so they inform if you use normal charger the charging will be slower.
Some power bank support Micro USB and Type-c input, using micro-USB the input is 2A, using Type-c is about 2.5A.

Recently we also do soem testing for using a hardwire kit to charge the power bank.
Some power bank support quick charger, so they inform if you use normal charger the charging will be slower.
Some power bank support Micro USB and Type-c input, using micro-USB the input is 2A, using Type-c is about 2.5A.
Micro USB charging is too slow for use in the car, it is not useful.

With USB C PD, there are a lot of cheap 18W charge rate powerbanks available now, this is the slowest charge that is useful, but we really need 2x 18W charge powerbanks = 36W charge rate before it works well for visits to the supermarket car park.

There are also some 45W USB C PD powerbanks available, but most of these will not charge that fast, many will only charge at 18W and if charging from a car 12V source then the maximum can only be 36W unless the charger increases the voltage.

It is difficult to find any faster USB powerbanks than this, and the ones that are faster are expensive and probably don't charge faster than 36W from 12V car power. It would be possible to use a 100W USB C PD powerbank like the Zendure if the charger increased the voltage to 20V at 5A, but currently this is going to be expensive, probably better to buy the Cellink Neo.

It is also good if the charger has a low temperature cut off, it is not good to charge a lithium battery below freezing (0ºC), it can cause fires, and most of these powerbanks do not have protection.

For the charging, we only need a USB C PD input. For the output, most powerbanks only have 1 USB C socket, so unless you can use that socket for input and output then we have to use USB A, but the dashcam does not need much power anyway.

Reactions: Mtz
Back