How to connect wifi?

Dirtycopgangsta

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I'm using an android 10 phone (Samsung10e) with the Thinkware Cloud app.

I can't find the wifi network on my phone despite the camera saying "On your smartphone, connect to a wifi network whose name starts with Thinlware".

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thank you

Open your wifi connection menu on your phone and look at the names of the list of available networks. Connect to the network on your list with a name that starts with "Thinkware".

I assume you have to turn on wifi on the camera first, i dont think its on as default on any dashcam.
So i assume you have to press button on the camera to turn it on ? but no idea which one.
Also maybe your phone only look for 5GHZ radios but the camera are on 2.4GHZ ?

Follow this:

Try turning off your smart network switch as well as try in airplane mode

Airplane mode with WiFi enabled is a good idea, iPhones at least have an option that can be disabled (but I think is on by default) that lets the phone automatically switch to cellular network if the WiFi network no longer has internet access, I'm not sure if that's an option on Android or not.

I've tried all your suggestions, but still no luck.

I am beginning to think that the camera won't activate wifi unless a working sd card is inserted.

Can anyone confirm?

You should still be able to see the Wifi network appear. Do you have another phone to try with?

Also try a firmware reflash of your dash cam by downloading and following the steps here: https://ca.thinkware.com/support/download/

Back