How to delete files or format without removing the SD card?

WinWiz

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
I purchased the 750x plus expecting blackvue to have great parking mode. But I can't find any option to delay the parking mode so with motion detection I get false event when closing the door and again when entering my car...
So I have a lot of false events using valuable storage on my SD card. According to the manual I should be able to delete the files from the blackvue app on my Android phone but the app doesn't look exactly like the app in the manual and I can't find any button to delete files.
Do I really have to physically move the sdcard to my computer to delete files or format the SD card?

Unfortunately, not possible anymore. To remove files, you have to go through the computer via the microSD card.

If I can not delete events without removing the SD card I'm afraid the plastic covering the sdcard will break or become very loose. I only removed it twice and it is already quite loose.
I will also have to remove the connectors for usb, power and the rear cam. I have personal experienced that frequently disconnecting and reconnecting will, sooner or later, break micro-usb connectors.
I want my dashcam to be as stealth as possible so it is mounted approximately 15mm below the top of my front window, with just enough visible wire length to reach the sealing. So removing the SD card is quite a hassle.
I'm pretty sure the material I read before purchasing this blackvue dashcam stated that remote management was possible. So I really am unsatisfied and wondering why blackvue decided to removed the option to delete files through the mobile app.

A total wipe is still possible (hold down the Wifi button for 5-10 seconds) but cannot do individual deletion of files, unfortunately.
I would say that's fortunate rather than unfortunate, deleting files ad-hoc is not good practice, better to copy what you want off and then format the card

Sorry, this function only works if the dash cam is giving a "check SD card" error. Unfortunately, this feature was removed for the X series.

I purchased the 750x plus expecting blackvue to have great parking mode. But I can't find any option to delay the parking mode so with motion detection I get false event when closing the door and again when entering my car...
So I have a lot of false events using valuable storage on my SD card. According to the manual I should be able to delete the files from the blackvue app on my Android phone but the app doesn't look exactly like the app in the manual and I can't find any button to delete files.
Do I really have to physically move the sdcard to my computer to delete files or format the SD card?

In a word, yes.

You can delete files from the cloud through the app, but you cannot delete files from the card or format the card while it's in the cam.

Both actions have to be done on the computer via the app or other software.

As others have said, space on your SD card isn't really a concern, cams will overwrite older files by design. Probably many, many times before you swap and reformat the card, even more so if it's a low capacity card. Cam manufacturers generally try to make it hard for you to accidentally delete a file/files that you may regret having done later. If you're concerned about wearing the card out due to read/write frequency, the only real answer is to use a higher capacity card. I use 128GB cards in my 900X-2CH and swap them out with a freshly formatted card every 90 days. They're always full. So really, there's no point in trying to manually manage SD card space. Huge waste of time.

The cover you pop off on the end of the cam will flop around by design. The short cable that tethers it to the body of the cam is flexible on purpose so that it doesn't break from repeated use.

Parking mode comes on immediately when the key is turned off (ACC power loss), or in 5 minutes after the vehicle has stopped, even with the engine running. Not user configurable.

Parking mode and Normal driving mode impact sensitivity are adjustable separately in the firmware. That's your only option to get rid of the annoying event recordings on door opening/closing.

I had the exact same issue as you (same firmware on the 900X I have) and reducing parking mode sensitivity worked for me. You just have to tweak the levels to find out what will work on your particular vehicle.

When my DR750X was fitted it had the wrong time set on it. I used the app to put it right and it formats the card as part of the process. Not ideal as you'd have to set the time twice to format in-situ, but I guess it's an option if not removing the card is preferred. I think there's other settings (e.g, image quality) that will do the same, but again they'd have to be done twice to get back to where you want to be.

Given that BlackVue recommends monthly formatting I think they should do a firmware upgrade for this model that allows a format with a long press on the WiFi button.

Last edited:
In a word, yes.

You can delete files from the cloud through the app, but you cannot delete files from the card or format the card while it's in the cam.

Both actions have to be done on the computer via the app or other software.

As others have said, space on your SD card isn't really a concern, cams will overwrite older files by design. Probably many, many times before you swap and reformat the card, even more so if it's a low capacity card. Cam manufacturers generally try to make it hard for you to accidentally delete a file/files that you may regret having done later. If you're concerned about wearing the card out due to read/write frequency, the only real answer is to use a higher capacity card. I use 128GB cards in my 900X-2CH and swap them out with a freshly formatted card every 90 days. They're always full. So really, there's no point in trying to manually manage SD card space. Huge waste of time.

The cover you pop off on the end of the cam will flop around by design. The short cable that tethers it to the body of the cam is flexible on purpose so that it doesn't break from repeated use.

Parking mode comes on immediately when the key is turned off (ACC power loss), or in 5 minutes after the vehicle has stopped, even with the engine running. Not user configurable.

Parking mode and Normal driving mode impact sensitivity are adjustable separately in the firmware. That's your only option to get rid of the annoying event recordings on door opening/closing.

I had the exact same issue as you (same firmware on the 900X I have) and reducing parking mode sensitivity worked for me. You just have to tweak the levels to find out what will work on your particular vehicle.
I have 512GB sdcard because I want to keep my recordings as long as possible (and to minimize wear caused by multiple writes) before overwriting. But 10-20 daily false events takes up space that I would rather have available for normal recordings.
And even though I have plenty of storage all these false events makes it difficult to locate the actual event when I wash my car and discover a new scratch...

Regarding the cable. Yes it is flexible -but I'm more worried about the durability of the connector.

I purchased blackvue expecting class leading parking mode functionality. But no delay + lack of cut off voltage settings really makes parking mode useless.
Power magic pro has a delay so I don't understand why it isn't available on new models with build in voltage monitoring..?
Cut of at 12.0 or 12.5 volt. Why not make it selectable in 0.1V steps like 12.0, 12.1 and so on...?

If I adjust the parking mode impact detection so low that closing the door (or hatch) doesn't trigger it. Other cars can bump into my car without triggering any event. So not really a usable solution.

Last edited:
Ik kocht de 750x plus in de verwachting dat Blackvue een geweldige parkeermodus zou hebben. Maar ik kan geen optie vinden om de parkeermodus uit te stellen, dus met bewegingsdetectie krijg ik een valse gebeurtenis bij het sluiten van de deur en opnieuw bij het instappen van mijn auto...
Dus ik heb veel valse gebeurtenissen die waardevolle opslagruimte op mijn SD-kaart gebruiken. Volgens de handleiding zou ik de bestanden van de blackvue-app op mijn Android-telefoon moeten kunnen verwijderen, maar de app lijkt niet precies op de app in de handleiding en ik kan geen knop vinden om bestanden te verwijderen.
Moet ik de SD-kaart echt fysiek naar mijn computer verplaatsen om bestanden te verwijderen of de SD-kaart te formatteren?
Als je de kwaliteit wijzigt bv opname naar hoog, dan word kaart geformateerd.

Ik kocht de 750x plus in de verwachting dat Blackvue een geweldige parkeermodus zou hebben. Maar ik kan geen optie vinden om de parkeermodus uit te stellen, dus met bewegingsdetectie krijg ik een valse gebeurtenis bij het sluiten van de deur en opnieuw bij het instappen van mijn auto...
Dus ik heb veel valse gebeurtenissen die waardevolle opslagruimte op mijn SD-kaart gebruiken. Volgens de handleiding zou ik de bestanden van de blackvue-app op mijn Android-telefoon moeten kunnen verwijderen, maar de app lijkt niet precies op de app in de handleiding en ik kan geen knop vinden om bestanden te verwijderen.
Moet ik de SD-kaart echt fysiek naar mijn computer verplaatsen om bestanden te verwijderen of de SD-kaart te formatteren?

Back