How to disable power-up sound

sowiq

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello,

my dashcam has just been delivered to me and I noticed that the power-up sound doesn't rely on the speaker volume settings. Is there ANY way of getting rid of it?

It's so annoying that I'm even willing to disconnect the speaker in device's hardware, if needed.

Thank you for any advice!

I do like power on / off chimes, but otherwise, yes some cameras do make too much noise.

Quick update: it is fairly easy to disable all sounds without damaging anything :) All you need to do is to disassembly the device (6 screws in total) and unplug the speaker's connector. Not a big deal and it can be easily reverted to the original state.

1.png 2.png 3.png

Last edited:
I'm also looking forward to the update resolving this power-on sound. It's not the problem that yvan has, but the fact that anyone who doesn't want to can't turn it off ... I can't believe it's so time consuming and cumbersome to program this for the 70mai. Put a boot sound on / off switch on it and solved ... It was announced 2 months ago, since then the 1.0.10 firmware is still included.

I'm also looking forward to the update resolving this power-on sound. It's not the problem that yvan has, but the fact that anyone who doesn't want to can't turn it off ... I can't believe it's so time consuming and cumbersome to program this for the 70mai. Put a boot sound on / off switch on it and solved ... It was announced 2 months ago, since then the 1.0.10 firmware is still included.
and all.
There is a way to turn off the power-on sound:

1. Connect to the dvr's wi-fi network.
  2. Launch any telnet client. For example "Mobile Telnet" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobiletelnet.feng.gao)
  3. -> "Telnet Settings" -> Remote Host Name: "192.168.0.1", port: "23" (by default)
  4. -> "Connect"....
  5. The inscription "NVTEAM login" will appear: Write "root", press "enter"
  6. Enter the command (rename the turn-on sound) and press "enter":
    Code:
    mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
To return the sound when turned on, you can use the command:
Code:
mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw

and all.

2. Launch any telnet client. For example "Mobile Telnet" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobiletelnet.feng.gao)
  3. -> "Telnet Settings" -> Remote Host Name: "192.168.0.1", port: "23" (by default)
  4. -> "Connect"....
    Code:
    mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
Code:
mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw
Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot
Command was not sent due to telnet connections... Mvlogin okay, root password okey, but mv line is wrong
and all.

4. -> "Connect"....
    Code:
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
Code:
I can log in with telnet, login and root password, but it doesn't allow me to enter the mv line.
Why can it?

Command was not sent due to telnet connections... Mvlogin okay, root password okey, but mv line is wrong
I can log in with telnet, login and root password, but it doesn't allow me to enter the mv line.
Why can it?
I checked again, everything is correct.
I flashed the device and did everything from the beginning, watch my video:
Can you record a video so that I see the error?
Good luck.

Dzieki... doskonale
Pracuje

i wszystkie.
Stosuje się sposób na wejście przy włączaniu:

1. Połącz się z rejestratora Wi-Fi.
  2. Uruchom dowolny klienta Telnet. Na przykład „Telenet mobilny” ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobiletelnet.feng.gao )
  3. -> „ Ustawienia Telnet ” -> Nazwa hosta zdalnego: „ 192.168.0.1”, port: „23” (domyślnie)
  4. -> " Połącz "....
  5. Komunikat się napis „Logowanie NVTEAM”: Napisz „ root”, naciśnij „enter”
  6. Wpisz polecenie (zmień nazwę dźwięku dźwięku) i naciśnij „enter”:
    [KOD]mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw[ /KOD]
  7. Do wszystkiego.

PS:
Aby koncert po raz pierwszy, testuj test:
[KOD]mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw[/KOD]
Dziękuję Ci. Działa na 70mai A500S, ale tylko podczas uruchamiania systemu. Czy mogę prosić dla dźwięku/pliku podczas wyłączania kamery...?

Edytuj 18.10.2021
Pytanie nieaktualne. Wyłączyłem też plik dźwiękowy "shutdown.aac" zgodnie z opisem w procedurze i teraz nie ma dźwięku przy włączaniu i wyłączaniu aparatu.

Last edited:
Dziękuję Ci. Działa na 70mai A500S, ale tylko podczas uruchamiania kamery. Czy mogę prosić dla dźwięku/pliku podczas wyłączania kamery...?
There is no sound when the camera is stopped

and all.

4. -> "Connect"....
    Code:
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
Code:

thanks for this lisabon.. works great for me too.

Do you think if it's possible to copy your own sound file into the filesystem? (via ssh or something?)
I think telnet doesn't allow for file transfers..

thanks for this lisabon.. works great for me too.

Do you think if it's possible to copy your own sound file into the filesystem? (via ssh or something?)
I think telnet doesn't allow for file transfers..
I dont know.. sorry

Do you think if it's possible to copy your own sound file into the filesystem?
Hi, of course you can!
You can use telnet by copying the folder with the voiceover to the memory card. For example, you have a voiceover in the root of the memory card in the "mysound" folder. In this folder you have sounds in AAC format.
OK...
Run the command and the voiceover from the "mysound" folder will be copied to the folder with your language, for example for English:
Code:
cp -Rp /mnt/sd/mysound/* /mnt/app/res/voice/english
Below I post the original voiceover from firmware 1.0.14. See the name of the folder with your language and the AAC file format. It is important. The AAC file format should be as in the original:
Format : ADTS
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 16.0 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy

But there is another way, it's FTP. :sneaky:

1. Connect to the DVR's Wi-Fi network.
  2. Launch telnet, connect to the address: 192.168.0.1
  3. After connecting, write: root
  4. Next command: kill 214
  5. Then:
    Code:
    tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w / >/dev/null 2>&1 &
  6. With this action, you have opened FTP access to the root of the file system! Great!
  7. Connect with any FTP client, with the following parameters:
    Address: 192.168.0.1
    Username: root
    We leave the password empty
  8. And replace the voice acting through your smartphone or laptop.
  • The memory card is available at: \mnt\sdcard
  • Voice acting: \mnt\app\res\voice\
  • Sound on: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\bootsound.raw
  • Sound off: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\shutdown.aac
You can just delete or rename some sounds if you don't want to hear them.
After restarting the DVR, FTP access will be by default only to the memory card.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
and all.

4. -> "Connect"....
    Code:
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
Code:

Is it possible to enable the timelapse during parking mode for the WW firmware (non chinese)?

Hi, of course you can!
You can use telnet by copying the folder with the voiceover to the memory card. For example, you have a voiceover in the root of the memory card in the "mysound" folder. In this folder you have sounds in AAC format.
OK...
Run the command and the voiceover from the "mysound" folder will be copied to the folder with your language, for example for English:
Code:
cp -Rp /mnt/sd/mysound/* /mnt/app/res/voice/english
Below I post the original voiceover from firmware 1.0.14. See the name of the folder with your language and the AAC file format. It is important. The AAC file format should be as in the original:
Format : ADTS
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 16.0 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy

But there is another way, it's FTP. :sneaky:

1. Connect to the DVR's Wi-Fi network.
  2. Launch telnet, connect to the address: 192.168.0.1
  3. After connecting, write: root
  4. Next command: kill 214
  5. Then:
    Code:
    tcpsvd -ve 0.0.0.0 21 ftp -w / >/dev/null 2>&1 &
  6. With this action, you have opened FTP access to the root of the file system! Great!
  7. Connect with any FTP client, with the following parameters:
    Address: 192.168.0.1
    Username: root
    We leave the password empty
  8. And replace the voice acting through your smartphone or laptop.
  • The memory card is available at: \mnt\sdcard
  • Voice acting: \mnt\app\res\voice\
  • Sound on: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\bootsound.raw
  • Sound off: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\shutdown.aac
You can just delete or rename some sounds if you don't want to hear them.
After restarting the DVR, FTP access will be by default only to the memory card.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks this is great.. The bootsound is in .raw format.. is there anything I should note when converting my own file into .raw? (I'm using Audacity)
Is the FTP access to memory card something as a result of the tcpsvd command? (i.e. is it present without creating an FTP) otherwise is it reversible?

And if I want to create the FTP connection again I assume I would follow steps 1-8 again?

Thanks again!

Is it possible to enable the timelapse during parking mode for the WW firmware (non chinese)?
Timelapse feature released in new firmware 1.0.14ww:
14ww.jpg
Thanks this is great.. The bootsound is in .raw format.. is there anything I should note when converting my own file into .raw? (I'm using Audacity)
Is the FTP access to memory card something as a result of the tcpsvd command? (i.e. is it present without creating an FTP) otherwise is it reversible?
Audacity -> File -> Import -> RAW data
open "bootsound.raw"...
Signed 16bit PCM, little-endian, mono, 16 kHz
edit bootsound.raw or create new bootsound
Audacity -> File -> Export -> Export Audio
select "Other uncompressed files" -> RAW -> Signed 16bit PCM

about FTP...
By default, open FTP access to the memory card. You don't need a telnet for that. But if you want to open access to the memory root, you need to end the FTP process (kill 214 command) and start your own (tcpsvd... command). But these settings are not saved and after a reboot you will need a telnet again to complete the process and start your own.

Hi lisabon,

Managed to give it a go today.. but after typing the tcpsvd command, I did not manage to connect via FTP (I used the android app AndFTP) - it says connection refused.
I used FTP, IP add 192.168.0.1, port 21 and username root, password blank

is there a way to confirm the tcpsvd command has sucessfully gone through?

I also noticed people use tcpsvd -vE instead of -ve and they also use ftpd instead of ftp.. not sure if it makes a diff?

Thanks!

Back