How to disable power-up sound

RAWs are 8kHz
I checked the bootsound.raw file now. Import it to audacity with a frequency of 16khz. You will hear a normal turn-on sound, and if you import RAW with a frequency of 8 kHz, the sound will be slow, abnormal. Check it yourself.

I checked the bootsound.raw file now. Import it to audacity with a frequency of 16khz. You will hear a normal turn-on sound, and if you import RAW with a frequency of 8 kHz, the sound will be slow, abnormal. Check it yourself.
Checked also. You are right. Really 16 bit 16 kHz gives the same size when exported.
My mistake...:eek:

and all.
There is a way to turn off the power-on sound:

1. Connect to the dvr's wi-fi network.
  2. Launch any telnet client. For example "Mobile Telnet" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobiletelnet.feng.gao)
  3. -> "Telnet Settings" -> Remote Host Name: "192.168.0.1", port: "23" (by default)
  4. -> "Connect"....
  5. The inscription "NVTEAM login" will appear: Write "root", press "enter"
  6. Enter the command (rename the turn-on sound) and press "enter":
    Code:
    mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
To return the sound when turned on, you can use the command:
Code:
mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw
Hi,
I have 70mai 1S (I think is the same 300M) and I want to turn off the sound as you describe here. Unfortunately the connection by telnet doesn´t work.
It wrotes me:
Failed to connect 192.168.0.1: Software caused connection abort

Is there some other IP or port which should I use for my cam?

Thank you.

Hi,
I have 70mai 1S (I think is the same 300M) and I want to turn off the sound as you describe here. Unfortunately the connection by telnet doesn´t work.
It wrotes me:
Failed to connect 192.168.0.1: Software caused connection abort
Is there some other IP or port which should I use for my cam?
Thank you.
Telnet for 1S does not work...:rolleyes:

I cannot connect to my 70mai S500s with the most recent firmware. I use mobiletelnet , 192.168.0.1, 23, but it says connection refused. I hate the startup sound so much it is loud and irritating

I cannot connect to my 70mai S500s with the most recent firmware. I use mobiletelnet , 192.168.0.1, 23, but it says connection refused. I hate the startup sound so much it is loud and irritating
What is your firmware version? Record your connection process on video, and I'll tell you. Remember, you have to connect to the A500s wi-fi network.

and all.
There is a way to turn off the power-on sound:

1. Connect to the dvr's wi-fi network.
  2. Launch any telnet client. For example "Mobile Telnet" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobiletelnet.feng.gao)
  3. -> "Telnet Settings" -> Remote Host Name: "192.168.0.1", port: "23" (by default)
  4. -> "Connect"....
  5. The inscription "NVTEAM login" will appear: Write "root", press "enter"
  6. Enter the command (rename the turn-on sound) and press "enter":
    Code:
    mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw
  7. That's all.

P.S.:
To return the sound when turned on, you can use the command:
Code:
mv /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound_1.raw /mnt/app/res/voice/public/bootsound.raw
Hello, for me worked perfectly. Thanks

Hi, of course you can!
You can use telnet by copying the folder with the voiceover to the memory card. For example, you have a voiceover in the root of the memory card in the "mysound" folder. In this folder you have sounds in AAC format.
OK...
Run the command and the voiceover from the "mysound" folder will be copied to the folder with your language, for example for English:
Code:
cp -Rp /mnt/sd/mysound/* /mnt/app/res/voice/english
Below I post the original voiceover from firmware 1.0.14. See the name of the folder with your language and the AAC file format. It is important. The AAC file format should be as in the original:
Format : ADTS
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 16.0 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy

But there is another way, it's FTP. :sneaky:

1. Connect to the DVR's Wi-Fi network.
  2. Launch telnet, connect to the address: 192.168.0.1
  3. After connecting, write: root
  4. Next command: kill 214
  5. Then:
    Code:
    tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd -w / >/dev/null 2>&1 &
  6. With this action, you have opened FTP access to the root of the file system! Great!
  7. Connect with any FTP client, with the following parameters:
    Address: 192.168.0.1
    Username: root
    We leave the password empty
  8. And replace the voice acting through your smartphone or laptop.
  • The memory card is available at: \mnt\sdcard
  • Voice acting: \mnt\app\res\voice\
  • Sound on: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\bootsound.raw
  • Sound off: \mnt\app\res\voice\public\shutdown.aac
You can just delete or rename some sounds if you don't want to hear them.
After restarting the DVR, FTP access will be by default only to the memory card.

Good luck to everyone!
Can you suggest where to find the English voiceover for m500??

Hello lisabon_Q3,
I try your guide to access with ftp.
But with my M500 it doesn't work.
The kill 214 have no result -> no process found.
I can open with ftp, but I can't list the directory.
Do you have I idea what I make wrong?

regards
Markus

Hello lisabon_Q3,
I try your guide to access with ftp.
But with my M500 it doesn't work.
The kill 214 have no result -> no process found.
I can open with ftp, but I can't list the directory.
Do you have I idea what I make wrong?
First you need to look at the list of processes with the command "ps" and end with the kill command with the process number with the name "inetd". Process number 214 is for A500s, you may have another one.

What is your firmware version? Record your connection process on video, and I'll tell you. Remember, you have to connect to the A500s wi-fi network.
I have the same issue as what @Banserki said. Just replying to report the firmware version. For me it's 1.1.20ww.

Back