How to disable WiFi pairing message on startup

mikeluscher159

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just hardwire installed a Q800Pro, gonna run the rear camera later

I can't live with the fact that every time you start the car, it gives you instructions on how to "connect to the WiFi access point named Thinkware"

How do I turn this off?

I can't find it in the settings

All you have to do is connect the camera to your phone via wifi once and then the camera will stop prompting you to do that.

Silly? Yes.

Any work around? Not that I am aware of.

Actually you have to connect your dash cam through hotspot once and this prompt every time your start will go. Anytime you need to connect via WiFi you can press WiFi button on dash cam and you can pair, just remember to switch off hotspot source before pairing through WiFi.
As such hotspot is preferred connection method and you won’t need to connect via WiFi again except when you do factory reset.

Actually you have to connect your dash cam through hotspot once and this prompt every time your start will go. Anytime you need to connect via WiFi you can press WiFi button on dash cam and you can pair, just remember to switch off hotspot source before pairing through WiFi.
As such hotspot is preferred connection method and you won’t need to connect via WiFi again except when you do factory reset.
That did it

Thank you very much

Back