How to fix fault code 0xc00d36e5 Can't play. Item is unplayable

muso

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Since buying a new external sd card reader I am having a lot more success with my dashcam video files. Now I am only getting this error code "Can't Play. Item is unplayable, please reacquire the content. 0xc00d36e5 Send feedback" And most of the time it's the particular record loop that you want that ends up unplayable :( The Sd card is formatted and this is occuring even when the card is quite clear with plenty of space. The dashcam is a generic ebay one but pretty good, similar to my Dod ls300w but not as polished, the Dod has done it to.

If I'm involved in an accident as sure as eggs it will be the file I need that will be unplayable.
I've tried different media players with no luck, the sd cards are the best I can buy class 10 samsung and Kingston both 32 gb and regularly formatted.

I want to be able to firstly prevent it happening but also be able to repair the unplayable files

Attachments

• Capture dashcam error.PNG
    Capture dashcam error.PNG
    4.6 KB · Views: 6
I play direct from the dashcam via usb plugged into the computer. I only copy the file if I want to save it, and neither way will play if this error code comes up.

dashcams generally make for very poor card readers, always best to copy the file to the PC first

what camera do you have?

edit: where did you buy the cards?

I have a Dod ls300w and a generic lookalike ebay dashcam which for the price is pretty good, both look the same. I bought the samsung micro sd card from ebay and the kingston from officeworks. I usually play the file to see if it's the one I want then copy and save to computer. I will try what you said, copy to pc then play. Perhaps the dashcams are corrupting the files thus making them unplayable and copying to pc first before playing may remedy this.

I haven't been playing the video files direct on the dashcam, I always play from the computer from the sd card taken out of the dashcam, dashcam stays in the car. But I have been playing direct from the micro sd card instead of copying to the computer first.

Last edited:
I would use a card reader to copy the files to your PC also, the error code is missing codec but that is illogical if some will play so it's perhaps more likely that the file is getting corrupted during transfer

some players work better than others also so you may have more success using a different program for playback

NEVER buy cards from Ebay 95% are fakes Use this program to test them H2testw

Adapters are the next thing that give errors I have several and even the two Sandisk ones go bad after a while.

Cheers guys I will try that :)

I have a had a lot more luck with putting the micro sd card directly into the card reader only a couple of files couldn't be played but most did, previously I tried the sd card adapter and 6 out of 12 files wouldnt play :)

I have a had a lot more luck with putting the micro sd card directly into the card reader only a couple of files couldn't be played but most did, previously I tried the sd card adapter and 6 out of 12 files wouldnt play :)
Time for a new adapter.

Update: Witnessed a minor accident today abd guess what file isn't playable New everything (yesterday I bought a new micro sd card kingston 32gb class 10 from office works, new adaptor) everything is new except for dashcam it must be the dashcam, everything else is new and it's been played direct from card copied to computer doesn't matter what I do it won't work. What if one day I'm invoved in an accident??????

I'm getting a new dashcam this is utterly hopeless, it can't even perform the duties it's designed for :(

Last edited:
I've just checked the micro sd card and more than half of the files are unplayable and a whole block of files today from lunchtime to tea time is completely missing altogether (they don't even exist may as well not have had a dashcam at all) The micro sd card still has several hundred mb of space but missing files, what a load of garbage. I think i'm going to have to invest in an expensive dashcam. I have had enough of this and would rather not have a dashcam than one that's so unreliable!

Kingston class 10 32 gb

I've attached an image, it looks like arabic and they don't play and the computer doesn't know what they are. Computer says "location is not available" this is in only one bank of record loops the others are either normal and play but most are corrupted with the original ox error code.

Attachments

• Capture corrupted files.PNG
    Capture corrupted files.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
I've just checked the card three quarters of the 3 minute record loops are unplayable and the more recent the files the more unplayable they are, most files from last week play but recent ones only one of two play. It would help if recent files were ok and old files not playable

Any suggestions about which dashcam to buy would be appreciated, surely a middle range one under $300 AUD would at least be reliable.

your budget is plenty to buy a proper camera

you can test your memory card with h2testw, the corruption you see is common to cards with faked capacity, it is also what happens when the camera has faulty RAM so could be either at fault

Yeah I think it's the camera, I tried the h2testw but couldn't get it to work. I might go and buy a sandisk endurance micro sd card or the premium Samsung both especially for recording loops and rewriting over files for dashcam or cctv use. While the cards i have are pretty good class 10 32 gb from office works I think i may try one of these special cards designed for dashcams.

Back