How to fix on regular basis green light ?

Octavia

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello,
Was surprised to start the day without "the lady's" greetings .
After a quick check , i saw that the green indicator is green and it is not flashing.
For the past week the dash cam worked fine(green indicator was flashing and the recording process worked as it supposed to) .
What went wrong and how do i fix it ?
According to the user manual, the device is on stand-by mode.
I did not do a thing to put it on that mode,furthermore, i do not know how to exit that mode.
Thanks

Last edited:
Have you tried unplugging it for a minute or so?
What kind of memory card are you using?

My B1W does this occasionally, but haven't noticed a pattern or cause.

After unplugging ,the dash cam works Ok.
It would be great if the developers can determine what causes the device going into stand-by.
I use orange Samsung 32gb sd card.
I leave the device on the windshield all the time ,maybe it over-heats.

I think Kamkar noticed the same thing?
it happens to me infrequently, and I'm pretty conditioned to check all of my cameras are working when I start my truck.

I suspect it may be the shutdown or startup interval of the camera. I seem to notice it when my truck shuts off, and restarts right again.

(The truck I drive is computer controlled to not let you idle the truck if the outside the temperature is between certain points. The truck will idle for 5 minutes, then shut the engine off automatically. Usually I notice the b1w going into standby when I've restarted the truck immediately after it self shuts down.)

We may not get any input from Blueskysea, since it's a major holiday in China.

I've noticed the same solid green light on a few occasions, only from a cold startup. I also suspect it may be due to the startup interval. I have a Mobius camera that has been struggling with the same issue recently - my diesel car has been taking a bit longer to get going in the colder weather we have experienced lately.

I think the mobiuses are to blame for me learning to verify operation after starting the truck...and accepting I may just have to unplug, and plug them back in, occasionally. :) That's one reason an easily visible method of normal operation is important for me in a dashcam.

Yes i had those random no go events, sadly i have not been able to test with another memory card as the one i have in the B1W are my sole surviving 32 Gb card, and the B1W dont want to work with any of my 64Gb cards.

But i did test my trancend 400X and it was fine.

I am in a gasoline car, that start well.

My 2017 Corolla starts well and the weather in Israel is far from being cold ,even now in the winter it is about 23C average temp.

the B1W dont want to work with any of my 64Gb cards.

Both my Samsung EVO Plus and Transcend 400X 64 GB cards work flawlessly in my B1W. Both were formatted in Mobius to fat32 with msetup and ran as-is afterward. Mini-Aide formatter woldn't do that for me and it's the only fat32 formatting program I can make work on this W8.1 POC :( Cards formatted on msetup alone seem to work fine in my WR-1, G1W-HC, and G1W-S cams as-is giving no problems in many months of use. Not sure why it works this way for me, only that it does :cool:

Phil

According to the user manual, the device is on stand-by mode.
If memory card error,its led will indicate solid green;
Please format 32Gb memory card in app or format memory card as FAT32 by windows computer;
If 64Gb card,please format as FAT32 with GUIformat tool by Windows computer.

I use 32GB card that i've already formatted into Fat 32 using my pc .

Do i need to format my sd card once again even though unplugging the device from the power source solved the issue ?

Can you access the settings on the cam via the app?
If so, and there is nothing on the card you want to save, might as well try formatting your card via the app.

I faced the solid green light problem and missing files very often with a brand new 32GB Sandisk High Endurance. After changing to an older Transcend HC card the situation improved dramatically but occasionally the green light laughed at me.

Using a 32GB Transcend High Endurance solved the problem. No more drop outs since that moment.

It seem like after i changed memory card i dont get this anymore, at least my 64Gb card have filled up now and i have not noticed any failures to start recording.
The current card in the camera are the black with red typing Kingston U3 card, the card before that gave the occasional no recording was a Trancend 400X
Still investigating with this card.

I am on a beta firmware, but from what people say that dont seem to be the problem.

Was a solution ever identified for this. I've had the cam in my car for around a month. I'm finding that when I start the car in a morning, I don't get any audible sound, or voice prompt. There's only a solid green light as well. I'm constantly having to check if it's recording. Oddly, it usual works ok on follow up journeys

I don't get any audible sound, or voice prompt. There's only a solid green light as well. I'm constantly having to check if it's recording. Oddly, it usual works ok on follow up journeys
That should be unnormal, just tell me your memory card info and camera firmware version, I will have a check with our team, thanks!

It's running the original firmware (WiFi on) and I use a SanDisk 32gb ultra. It's now decided to start making a noise through the speaker like static. It's incredibly unreliable and I think I'll be sending it back to Amazon and buying something else

It's running the original firmware (WiFi on) and I use a SanDisk 32gb ultra. It's now decided to start making a noise through the speaker like static. It's incredibly unreliable and I think I'll be sending it back to Amazon and buying something else
We respect your right to send back. But just a note for you, please do not use Sandisk Ultra SD cards for this dash camera. We mention this point in its user manual already! This happens due to the bad quality card or the space corruption of SD card.

Edit: @quietlife PM you this beta firmware download link, could you give it a try again?

Last edited:
What SD card do you recommend?

Last edited:
Back