How to get camera to 'forget' wi-fi hotspot?

Blackstuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 750s 2CH
Hello all,

Save from doing a complete factory reset, is there a way to delete/get the camera to 'forget' a wi-fi hotspot? I'm experiencing a problem where even though the wi-fi is linked my camera doesn't appear in the Camera List (its not greyed out, its just not there at all).

There isn't just a little cross to hit or any other option to delete it and if you just backspace the details out, when you re-select the wi-fi network it auto-fills the password so hit hasn't broken the link to it.

My camera works fine at my home and parents wi-fi hotspots, but just won't work with the one at my work.

I've been in touch with Blackvues customer support (by email) but i don't think English is their first language and I don't think they're grasping the actual problem.

If I'm understanding what you're asking, you want the camera to have the WiFi settings for a specific hotspot deleted?

If so, try removing the SD card from the camera and connecting to your computer. Locate and edit the config.ini file in your favorite text editor. Look for the [Cloud] section, and you'll see entries like sta_pw, sta2_pw & sta3_pw. Those are the encrypted passwords, delete those strings, and optionally the ssid. Reinsert the SD into the camera, and it should reload the config.ini and now not have those SSIDs.

If you use the app, it's probably remembering the info itself. That's not particularly relevant until you let it write that info back to the camera.

Thanks, i'll give that a try if i get no joy with the support team (y)

Well after contacting both Blackvue international support and the UK team i'm no further forward so i tried bpsmicro's trick and while that did remove the wi-fi hotspot name/password when i initially opened the app to reconnect, as soon as i chose the wi-fi network it auto-filled the password again so it hadn't properly 'forgot' the network.

I've asked both Blackvue support centres how to reset the Dashcam and neither has provided me with an answer. I suspect i'm going to have to completely wipe the memory card and reinstall the software on it.

Just to re-cap this, wiping the memory card has no effect, there must be some kind of memory in the camera unit itself. The way i fixed this was to re-jig the wi-fi hotspots around so they effectively over-wrote each other i.e. 1. Home 2. Parents 3. Work, was changed to 1. Work 2. Home 3. Parents. Not being able to connect the camera to a computer is maddening!

Back