how to get it work...

onionboy

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi all,

Bought the cam cause many ppl recommended it. Wanted to utilize the parking mode and hardwire it with a 3 connector kit. The hardwire kit have 3 cables, red, yellow and black. i connect red to a always on fuse and black to ground. b1w firmware is 20180528. so i download the 20180628 parking mode. before i update the firmware, the cam wifi can't be connect. while i do have issue connect at first where i need to disable my data but this time it didn't connect where i can see the wifi. plug out the cable try again but after that no more wifi. try the way to unbrick with the tool but the tool didn't recognize the device... trying to reboot with 20180528 firmware also not successful...

try the way to unbrick with the tool but the tool didn't recognize the device.
Try with a new USB cable and keep pressing the button on the dashcam when you plug the dashcam into your computer USB socket!

Thanks @estore009, change the usb to the one come with in the box.

Follow the step below except the 2nd link for download because after i download the content in 2nd link i can't open or extract the file.

I use the cfg in the tool folder but getting error as below:
1580139379791.png

What should i do next?

i got it successful flash but the sound is in mandarin now...can i have the english sound?

1580141923979.png

also it's still not working, i need to insert the sd card when flash and after done flash, i format the sd card again and retry but still no wifi.

Okay, seem like i'm quite dumb in following the instruction.

1. Flash by following the step where using advance setting in the tool with sd card slot in. Need to keyin the figure as show in the photo if those value are empty. Successful flash but the dashcam is talking in Mandarin, no wifi available in green led.
2. Flash again by "load from bin file" using the 2nd download link file. Able to flash dashcam and everything is working fine.

Will i success unbrick the dashcam if only doing step 2?

I wanted to update the dashcam firmware to the parking mode but my PC can't detect the sd card anymore. How do I update the firmware?
I have downloaded the latest firmware (B1W ParkMode 20180614s Firmware) via below link:

How do I update the firmware?
You can copy this bin file to a memory card(32Gb or 16Gb), and plug the card into the camera to update!

Back