How to get rid of glare?

djxpress

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an A129 Pro Duo with the CPL filter attached. I've rotated the filter like several of the Youtube videos say, so I know it's aligned correctly. How come there's such bad glare on the bottom right? Is there anything I could do to remedy this?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 51
Yeah a CPL filter do not remove all reflections, it is a good thing and i use it when i can thats for sure.
You can put a flat black dashmat on top of your dashboard, i use this too, though with my little car i had to make one myself so not as pro looking but it get the job done. even if now a couple of years down the line it have dafed some to a dark grey, it is still a lot better than the plastics of the dash board.

honestly, I can't tell any difference with the CPL filter on or off.

BTW the little of my A pillars in view are also reflecting as like yours its some bright grey or beige color, i have for a long time considered getting a new set of plastics from a salvage yard and then paint them flat black too.

so the black dash cover is the best color to get to avoid these reflections?

honestly, I can't tell any difference with the CPL filter on or off.
if it looks the same on or off check that the glass has been installed the right way around, if it's in backwards (rare but can happen) it won't have any affect at all

Yeah, the user @Dashmellow in here even painted his dash mat too, but i am not sure if it had faded or he just thought that would make it even darker.
I cant paint my DIY stuff as it is just soft cloth like theaters ASO use for a black background, but is is US resistant at least to some degree.

Yeah i would also try and hold the CPL filter up in front of the camera lens with but the other way around and then rotate it and look at the LCD screen for changes ( or the phone APP if you have that connected via WIFI )
I usually put a piece of something white on the dash so looking at that i can see when it is adjusted as good as it get.

You should also be able tp press the CPL itself out of its bracket, it have 2 slits in it and the large one should be larger than the CPL glass itself.

hold the CPL up and look at your computer monitor while you rotate it, check it from both sides, it will only go black when looking from one side

I've done that already and know I have it installed correctly.

Yeah only 1 way to put the CPL on the camera, but if the factory put the CPL filter in the mounting bracket the other way around you get nothing, so as jokiin say to check this just look thru the filter like the camera lens would and rotate it while looking at a TV / monitor / Phone screen.
It it is the right way around the glass should darken as it crash with the polarize in the screen you are looking at thru the filter.

As i recall jokiin experienced this "faulty" CPL in the early days with one of his products, so he had to jump on a slow boat to china and crack the whip over the people at the assembly line :)

As i recall jokiin experienced this "faulty" CPL in the early days with one of his products, so he had to jump on a slow boat to china and crack the whip over the people at the assembly line :)
it's very rare to get one that isn't adjusted correctly already

Attached are pics showing the CPL off and on. I know my CPL is adjusted correctly as I have it up to my polarized sunglasses. straight/squared it's clear through, but at a 45 degree angle to the glasses, it's black and you can't see through the CPL lens.

Attachments

• off.JPG
    off.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 37
  • on.JPG
    on.JPG
    361.3 KB · Views: 37
zero effect from the CPL would suggest that it isn't adjusted correctly
you see from the two pictures yourself there is virtually no difference. CPL filter is adjusted correctly

can see that it works, don't know which direction your glasses are polarised in though

I don't see that it would matter. As seen in several online videos the way I adjusted the CPL filter is correct. There is virtually no difference with it on or off in my application.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xiongguoy A129 Pro / A129 Pro Duo 12