How to hardwire SG9663DC on a Lexus NX200T?

How to hardwire SG9663DC on a Lexus NX200T?

• which fuse to tap for initial install? I will get the hardwire kit when it becomes available.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do I need to buy a hardwire kit?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VMA 8132

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone share his/her experience on hardwire SG9663DC on a Lexus NX200T? I am uncertain which fuse to tap. My local dealership doesn't want me to hardwire the dash cam as it might void the warranty if installs incorrectly. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the fuse box picture for easy reference.

Happy holidays!

Thanks
Vincent

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 41
not familiar with your vehicle but the hardwire kit is 3 wire, needs a permanent power and accessory power feed and earth

Thank you Jokiin. May I ask when the hardwire kit will be available? I would like to get one as soon as possible.

don't have an ETA at this stage but we expect to have it done this quarter, if you've done your online warranty registration you'll get sent a notification once they're available

I am uncertain which fuse to tap. My local dealership doesn't want me to hardwire the dash cam as it might void the warranty if installs incorrectly.

I try to be nice but sometimes it doesn't work- then I play hardball :eek: I'd loudly tell the service manager in front of the other customers that I want to protect my investment and that if they can't tell me which fuses to tap then why is it that the Chevy dealer doesn't have the same prob;em with their cars? :mad: Or the Kia dealer, Ford dealer, or anyone else for that matter? :rolleyes: I'll bet that will get you an answer quickly.

The sad reality in the US is that car dealerships have cut their service departments to the bone, and where they used to want a top-level technician they now won't pay what it takes to keep them. All they are now is a training ground for entry-level techs who move onto better jobs as soon as they can :( They're a lot like the counter personnel at the big chain auto parts stores- if the answer isn't on the screen in front of them they don't know what to do. The answer is there- they just need to do the work of finding it.

Phil

Can anyone share his/her experience on hardwire SG9663DC on a Lexus NX200T? I am uncertain which fuse to tap. My local dealership doesn't want me to hardwire the dash cam as it might void the warranty if installs incorrectly. Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the fuse box picture for easy reference.

Happy holidays!

Thanks
Vincent

I always go for something that's not too important to the running of the vehicle just in case something goes wrong. So anything like exterior lights, ECU, airbag, dash gauges, OBD are best avoided (just in case).

In my current car I have a 12v socket that's easy to get to and another hidden away. I used the fuse for the hidden one as I'll rarely, if ever, use the actual socket.

Look for anything that would come on with the ignition but not an important circuit. If your vehicle is a button start (trying to remember) then you want something that comes on when you press it and it goes live (orange light) or starts the engine (green light). I know on some vehicles certain things become live when it's unlocked as well. Anything like the powered mirrors or an accessory socket. Some vehicles even have fuse holders wired for optional items not fitted to the vehicle, these are sometimes a good bet as you know that circuit will only be used for the camera then. Also try to be aware of what else is using the circuit. While most fuse taps have twin fuses you could still overload the actual fuse panel and cause problems.

From what I can see on your panel you have two P/Outlet fuses. I'd check if either of these are live when the engine/ignition is off. Just wire things up and give it a test to make sure it will behave as you want before hiding the cables away.

Back