How to hide the 70mai logo?

mexus

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I tried with this usercfg.txt in the root of SD card with no success.

TimeStamp=1 ;0:Time+Logo, 1:Time, 2:Logo, 3:None [Min:0, Max:3]
DateTimeFormat=3 ;0:NOT Display Date/Time, 1:YMD, 2:MDY, 3:DMY [Min:0, Max:3]
GPSStamp=0 ;0:On, 1:Off
SpeedStamp=0 ;0:On, 1:Off
;Keep This at last line

Any suggestions

As i recall ( not familiar with the 70mai products ) it always take a firmware ( maybe modified ) to do that.
at least that is what i recall from other of their products.

I know it's been talked about in the forums here, but I didn't bookmark any posts on the subject.

Phil

This method only worked on the first versions. It doesn't work now. I can say for sure that there is no way to remove the logo on the A800 yet.

I saw in the 4PDA website that there is a script for unpacking the firmware. What if I unpack it, change the logo file with an empty one and repack it and flash the camera with it?

And what about disabling showing the speed and the position on the video? It's in a separate txt file anyway...

Hopefully will be able to remove the bloody ugly huge watermark soon!
The straightforward bruteforce approach will be to make the logo transparent (by clearing the upper(transparency) bit in the ARGB1555 data ), but it requires modding and reflashing the LiteOS image.
Another approach will be to manually clear the 'bShow' bit in the OSD display attributes, but it requires Linux root shell access (and you need to find the logo address in RAM)
and is not persistent (but you can add this 'himm' or 'devmem' command to the boot-time scripts).

Anyone figured this out yet?

The new 1.0.9ww update watermark is even worse, it's occupying more space in the video, also the speed and coordinates aren't aligned to the right leaving an awkward space on bottom right corner.

Judging from this post, sadly it looks like they'll never going to introduce an option to toggle the watermark.

Judging from this post, sadly it looks like they'll never going to introduce an option to toggle the watermark.
Judging from the history of 70mai I'd say that's true. Originally their cam was easily 'hacked' and the watermark removed. Then without any real reason they changed how the watermark was done so that you can't remove it- there was no other benefit to users from that change.

They simply do not want their watermark removed :(

Phil

Back